Chapter 12-2

Chapter 12-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 12-2



* * *

 


The gate opens down the street where everyone was, Lizzy and Granny standing by with the Caption of the guard. Lenny quickly closed the gate nodding to Granny as Sir Drealin ran down the street towards them. “Good, you are finally here,” whispering. “We must get you inside quickly all of you, no time to explain.” Lead Caption replies.


Sir Drealin ushered the new arrivals into the Whitmore’s cottage closing the curtains then locking the door. The Caption posted guards around the house. Sir Drealin pacing the floor, trying figure where to start as he paced the room as time runs short. “Wayne, boys you are in great danger, that’s why you're here now.” He said handing them a copy of the notice sent by Morgan. “You and your family and anything tied to you,” looking at the Whitmore’s, “he knows how close you are to them and will do anything to destroy what he can not have.


“We have three problems,” pointing the notice. “Danny, EJ’s brother. Yes we have him and he’s safe and we have taken care of that,” Sir Drealin pulling out pictures of wood elves, “he is one of them now so is the rest of your family. They won’t recognize you or the boys and you won’t understand them either.” The second problem is you and your boys here. I must complete the transformation, but leave the binding out so you can make contact with your son and bring him here.


“Nathaniel has what he needs to make the transformation and the binding for the boy. To help you retrieve him and according to the last report his mind is almost gone and we need to save him from whatever Morgan has done to him.


"The third problem concerns Danny and his mother, Danny will be here awhile till he’s out of danger, but it takes weeks for binding and the transformation to wear off depending how long he’s under.  The spell was too risky and we needed a guarantee for his safety.  Knowing his mother and the way things are down there. I just hope we might find a solution for her, to hold her off. Because she not stable enough to know the truth as of yet and it would risk more lives.”


Sir Drealin trying to smile Wayne nods in agreement looked at his boys. “So what you're saying you what us to blend in here and take a trip out of town down there coming back as if we were doing a job?”


“Yes, except these boys have training and skills they must learn in school here. First during the day spending the afternoons down there working with you then coming home at night with the family. That way nothing seems out of place and everything is well hidden.


“You will be a Lead Caption of the guard assigned a post giving you the orders to search and set up campsites along the borders down there. You will also have your own men to lead and I will provide a way for you to have enchantments placed upon you according to your station, that way you won’t feel odd and out of place among the people you lead. For they must not know who you are in case there is a leak. The spies are everywhere so be careful who you talk to and what you talk about.


“For as your concerned. You know nothing of the Downing’s.” Handing them each glass of milk to drink with their names on it and a cookie as the Whitmore’s watched the transformation take place before their very eyes.


Wayne’s hair grew long turning silver with greenish tone, his arms elongated yet strong as an oak tree. His hands and fingers long sturdy like a hammer. Eyes round yellow with a blue center as his chin draws down and ears point; Robert and Will matching their father, yet younger and sprite, with light golden hair with light greenish color, their mouths tight to the center and corners like their fathers.


Rena just could not believe what she was seeing as she watched. They eat the cookie as their voice and language changed to little higher tones. Wayne’s was lower than the boys sounding like a hollow oak tree. It takes several minutes before they could understand them considering they speak two languages now instead of one. Except now their English is slurred a bit like they were from a far off land.


Drealin hands them each their new names explaining to the Whitmore’s the Downing’s are now gone in detail. Wayne and the boys slowly give each one a hug before leaving as the Caption took them to their new home to be with their family. Leaving the Whitmore’s behind with Sir Drealin closing the door.


“Now then,” Sir Drealin paced the floor in front of them. “Doc, Mrs. Whitmore it’s just us, I realize it’s a lot to take in,” he replies.


Kollie takes Rena's hand leaned over placed a kiss on her forehead. “I told you, dear, it would blow your mind,” he replies in a soft whisper.


“Yes dear, you did.” Rena looking at the boys and their faces with new wonderment. “I would of never have guessed something like this was even possible,” she said.


“Possible? Mrs. Whitmore,” Drealin laughed. “My goodness, of course, it’s possible with darkness their always light. They can not exist without the other even though it tries to dominate time and time again, but there must be a balance.


“Who do you think sets the balance? We all do whether if small or larger; we all have a task and parts to play. My question is what part are you willing to play my dear and your family in these dark times when the need is so great.”


Sir Drealin resumes pacing as he looked at the clock.  “The Downing’s are gone and set on their path, your husband has his as a healer in two worlds now while watching over his family. It’s up to you and your boys now to keep our secret and theirs as a wizard’s family on the hill next to the wood elves. They make the best healers you know and they can travel in between worlds with small enchantments making potions and such,” he replies as he laughed. 


“Doc. it comes in handy from time to time trust me. Oh yes, that Kitenge you used to wear. Well, I got something better here for you and your boys of course. We might have to make a change or two here and there for your boys and your wife. A wizards wife is little bit more rounder and a bit shorter and the boys have more silver and white in their hair and bluish eyes.


“Yours we can’t change too much, but we will do what we can. Because you have to go back and forth from place to place sometimes days at a time. Since I’m not of the wizard family, they are very particular and secretive on the way they do things. 


“I’m leaving you and your family with Gaylen and his wife in their hands. I’ll see you and your family later at the dance for a little get together, just remember what I said regarding the Downing’s they do not exist.” Drealin opened the door letting two wizards in the house as they lock the door behind them.


Drealin returning back to the Tweeds home pausing looking across the valley as the shadow starts to darken the skies. Over the mountains a lone wolf howls and another answers its calls, leaving a chill up his spine, seeing shapes leaping across the housetops.  Drealin curse’s Morgan name as he entered the house seeing the family all together missing one, he sighs looking at his wife. “Everything alright dear?”  She asked.


Drealin smiles taking her hand, “I guess so now that everyone’s here.”


“I am glad,” she said.


Arken taking his wife by the hand and family for the first time all outside to see their grandmother as the Captions hook up the buggies to take them all down to the dance hall for a bit of fun to blend in. Arken and his boys give Drealin a quick nod as they walked down the street. While the little ones run to their grandma and their uncle swing them up into their arms. “Did you have nice a trip boys?”  Grandma asked.


“Yes, Grandma, same as usual I am afraid. Dry and out of season. The bark just not the same as it is here and the cloth, not much to choose from these days; came home with several pellets of fur in hopes making winter clothing in the fall, but nothing else. Mostly rained on us, bad for hunting, the trees weren’t as thick this time of year.” Arken smiles with his arms around his two boys and placed a kiss on her cheek.


“Oh well, will make do son. Just like we always do; now let’s say we go down kick up our heels. I believe the Whitmore’s are back and will be joining us.”


“I was wondering what my good friend Rena and her husband been up to.” Lily taking grandmas arm with Richard on the other side. Captions waited with the buggies at the sides. Helping them into the lavish buggies draped in silver and gold with fine red leather seats set with golden buttons. Each Caption stands and salute’s Arken as they climbed into the driver’s seat. Drealin and his wife wave them on, returning to their own family where the judge is waiting for him with a progress report pacing up and down.


“Well man, how did it go?” The Judge asked.


“Just as you order sir the transformation is complete. She chose the binding was best instead of the spell, not surprising considering what’s at stake for the boy. We still don’t know how many followers he has or where they all are. The Whitmore’s are here as well sir and or in the process. I thought it best considering how much they know, and how close they are to the family to provide them an escape as well, just in case someone might recognize them. They might try to follow the husband to his location,” Sir Drealin replied.


“Good thinking…”The Judge said slowly paces with his hands behind his back as he listened to the report.


“But I only want you and me to know about it and of course their sect whom I can trust.”  Sir Drealin paused looking out the window, making sure they were alone. “I am breaking the rules sir and realize that by doing this, but these are dark times and he’s a good man and I trust him.” Drealin passed him the envelope of the copy of the order he gave the wizards with the Judge permission and his official stamp. “You told me to do whatever was necessary for the families’ safety.”


The Judge unfolds it, burns it into dust as it blows into the wind. “Yes, I did my friend.” putting his hand on his shoulder. “I just hope he can handle the task you set before him because that task cannot be undone, his path is set and knowledge he gains cannot be withheld as he grows into it.”


The Judge looked far away into the future, “he will not remain among his people as time goes on nor will his family, this path you set them on. Something’s can change, but not this one. He will be out of time in both worlds, having to make a choice not to return back to his world.


“He will be an outcast in that world finding him strange. Here he will be at peace among our people where he can grow; his family will be accepted following in his footsteps. Alas, my son, you did make a choice. If it was the right choice we will never know. For we all make choices then bare them on our shoulders hoping it was the right one. Such is the way of life, here or there makes no difference. Let’s hope it was the right one.”


The Judge taking his staff rising it the air, called forth the names of old as he bows before them in the room of judgment. As he laying forth the mantle as he speaks the names of the Whitmore’s family, summing forth the birthright adding it to wizard family of time. Derrick rising before the witness in the circle as they raised their staffs of light bestowing the power of light to them; completed the first part of their transformation, binding them for life, as he set them on the path for the greater good.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on February 17, 2019
Last Updated on January 22, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep