Chapter 19-3

Chapter 19-3

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 19-3



* * * *

 


It wasn’t long before word got back to Morgan in chambers at the reports of the town of Springfield having been destroyed. “You have done well Gartooth,” as Morgan toss him a nice bag of gold coins.


“Thank you, my Lord.”


“Now leave me…”


“Yes my Lord but...”


“But what?” Morgan asked.


Gartooth s looked at the bag of coins hungrily. “I excepted more… considering the price I paid to get it for you.”


Morgan anger flashed red hot towering the room. “Do I see what I been seeking in front of me? No. Nothing but words from a worm of empty promises, No take your coin and go unless.” Grasping his scrawny neck, “you prefer to die now.” The guards entered the room carrying the boy over their shoulder as fear strikes them seeing Gartooth hanging by his throat. Morgan lets go tossing him into a corner. “You have been warned,” turning his back on him.


Gartooth picked up the bag fleeing down the hall with limp in his left leg where the arrow struck him. Morgan faces the boy. His eyes are open and clear as the guards lay him at Morgan’s feet. Morgan laughed because the boy before him is so weak he can pose no threat.


Jeff tries to left himself up and stand before this monster but quickly falls because he is so weak. Again Morgan laughed at the amusement of the boy as he struggles. “Boy, I have won. Now your true path can begin.” Jeff slowly nods his head, but inside the light was still burning bright. Morgan laughed setting his dark Prince beside him bound in chains as he sets him at the table. “Feast boy, for the hour is here as we rein together over the worlds once more.”


Jeff hungrily eats at the table of Morgan as he watched him take control of town by town of worlds he once knew on maps with great sadness. Morgan searching for what was lost long ago, for now, there was nothing Jeff could do as he is nearly spoon feed to regain his strength. “Yes, there will be time soon my dear friend.” Jeff said to himself chewing the salted meat trying not spitting it out because it tastes like a rubber sole off a boot, “when the tables are turned once more.”


Morgan came over to the table. “Thanks to your cellmate before he left. I’ve getting closer to where they hid your brothers and family. In fact, so close the reports say I might have killed them.”  Jeff almost choked on a piece of beef. “EJ was right lots hot air, but if he did I should felt something through bond if it was true.”


Morgan just sat there watching Jeff eat, gloating over his prize as he went over to his books and maps. Then orders them to stop bring him food, taking it right out of his hands like a little child so Jeff would know who was in control. Setting the sweetmeats over on a table across the room where he could see them. Yet could not get to them, even if he crawled or begged Morgan would not give them to him until he got what he wanted. But Jeff was stronger inside than Morgan thought as he sat there looking at the food, craving it for his body needed it and Morgan knew it.


Morgan paced in front of his eyes bearing down upon him like a cat on a helpless mouse. “So boy what did you and buddy Jeff talk about in dungeon below us?” He asked drumming the table.


Jeff tried to sound surprised. “You mean that wasn’t a dream?” He replied.


Morgan eyes following the boy with caution. “Don’t play games boy, you know it wasn’t a dream.” Jeff trying very hard to play the stool pigeon. Jeff looks down at the table wondering what EJ would say as both memories of him and Jeff combine, trying to find the answer yet satisfy this monster of a mad man.


Morgan gets tired of waiting as he reached across the table grabbing the boy like one of his men. Jeff acts fast knowing he must survive comes up with an answer. “We talked about how we're going bust out of this dungeon and find my brothers before you do.” Morgan lets go of the boy watching him rub his arm where he grabbed him.


Morgan grinned looking at the boy. “and how were you going to leave?” Sitting next to the boy placed a plate of meat in front of him.


Jeff calmly takes a piece of meat, “Through back door of the mountain pass.”


Morgan's eyes lit up looking at the boy chewing on the meat. “So that’s how the spy got in out and Jeff knew about it,” Morgan yelled down the hall for his quartermaster. “Prepare the Princes room and post a guard, he does not leave the room.” Not that boy could leave; Morgan wasn’t too concerned about that seeing the shape he’s in. It was the possibility of the unknowns trying to bust him out.


Three times they have tried Morgan counts three. Jeff, Bowden, and Destiny. Jeff and Bowden escaped his clutches as Morgan tightens his fist in anger heading down the hall to the map room. Morgan stops looked over the balcony viewing the training grounds of his soldiers, of black knights and Darzzee. “Filthy beast,” but least they get the job done. Pay them enough gold coin. They make the best head hunters and do anything if the price is right.


Morgan entered the chamber placing all the world maps on a table tied with black ribbon. These are the ones he has paid special care to for they are worlds that his old friend Derrick was looking after. “Derrick, oh how he hated him ever since he turned his back on me, me when he could have stood by my side sharing the glory the riches, the power. Not be part of something so mindless and useless where the Brotherhood chose to place you. He would have been something much greater if he would have joined my side not those pathetic old fools.”


“My Lord Morgan a Darzzee has arrived with news regarding the town of Springfield.” Morgan looks up from his chart and Caption shaking “they are still alive and well,” he replied.


Morgan's eyes blazed red. “I said kill them all. not leave one thing standing not so much as a blade of grass.” Morgan tossing the messenger over the railing storming down where the Darzzee is and the black knight awaits. Morgan bust opens the doors tarring them off the hinges.  Pinking up the Darzzee shaking him as the knight pleads for his life. Morgan turns with white anger, but calmer as his eyes burn, “so they are here.”


“Yes my Lord. about 40 miles east towards the mountain pass.” Morgan sets the Darzzee down harshly drumming his fingers on the table.


“Caption takes 100 men and knights and the best hounds, well finish the job once and for all and this time.” Grabbing both the knight and Darzzee, “there better not be one standing alive. Now go!”


“Yes my Lord…….”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on February 19, 2019
Last Updated on January 23, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep