Chapter 24-2

Chapter 24-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 24-2

 


Jaydan summoned his staff then walked over to the Whitmore’s and nods to them taking his staff he surrounds them all. With a raised staff, watching a white light appears as Wayne everyone looked back at the tent it flashes then vanishes. Wayne and Sir Drealin run back to the tents finding them gone.  Then a light appears once again surrounds Wayne in a blink of an eye. They were in a room filled with light Jaydan at the center Glen and his wife standing beside Jaydan and Lizzy and Aunty M standing next to Mary.


The room is quiet yet peaceful with no doors or windows. EJ still a wood elf and very weak as he tries to stand thinking he can, Glen smiles. “EJ this not that place this a realm different of all realms, it has no meaning for it what is. Jaydan and I brought you all here for a purpose of its own known only for you none other.  For you were chosen long ago now it is time to for you to fulfill it.”


Glen addressed Wayne first. “Wayne, you have more to do than you think my friend. It is true a farmer can lead so many, but you worry that you are not strong enough to bear this burden. I say you can, for a farmer can till the soil which plants can grow to harvest a good crop it is the same thing.  For the seed you plant are its people. Till well and they to shall grow to harvest a good crop as you lead them.


“Yet these people are not from your world and you will be facing many more just like them as you travel. For this reason, we have given you the tools and the skills to learn so you can be a part of them and they can be apart of you. Your sons, your daughters, and wife all have similar skills yet you have not used them or mastered them. Relying on only things that you know have worked on your home world. There is nothing wrong with this, but the time has come and has approached where you can no longer rely on what has worked before to get by as the people look to you for help.


“You must be able to protect what is yours, family, people, and friends. Wit is not always the answer, as Morgan knocks at your door with his minions from far and wide. Because now he is everywhere has unleashed on many worlds.”


Glen turns to the Whitmore’s, “Kollie, Rena my two healers of the worlds, the vain of hope and restores for generations. You have so much too do and large burden to carry, for you and your family are the only ones that have chosen this path of light in generation. It saddens me to see that it tires you so much, leaving you defenseless against everything while everyone around you abandons you except your close’s friends. For this reason, I have brought you here as well.


“Betty, Richard, and Mary the three of you I also brought you here to give you a gift that none other, but I can give. Margaret”, Glen smiles back. “You my dear don’t need anything more except a swift kick and hug for being so stubborn when comes to getting things done. Now as for the gift, Wayne your camp is running wild so I’ll start with you because you are needed there and I’m sure your wife will be happy to tell you what you missed.”


Glen placed both hands on his shoulders as his wife gives a kiss on the cheek. Wayne could feel a charge running through him stronger than he ever felt before. He felt changed what he wasn’t sure yet, but he glowed after the kiss. Then there was bright light he was back where he was standing in the camp.



* * * *

 


Sir Drealin stood mesmerized standing still as it seemed time had stopped. “Arken are you all right?” He asked

 

“Of course I am Caption now what’s this about fights?”  They both heard the noise down the broken road, arguing who was in charge on which side. Arken stepped in summing is staff without pause. Taps it on the ground as the ground shakes they stop fighting. “Now then!  It looks like we have people with too much time on their hands. Deciding which side is theirs. I say lets put them to work. I want those building cleaned up cleared out stone by stone till there’s nothing left. Then find another group searches anything we might have missed last time put into piles and sorted.”


“What about the women sir?” Someone asked.


“I want dinner prepared for all so find me some cooks Caption believe it… If not you're doing the cooking and tell them due to fighting and bickering there will be no festivities tonight and would suggest they all go to bed early because work starts at the crack of dawn. I have soil that needs planting.”


Arken walked calmly among the men watching them work talking to Syneral Thomas about his plans, going over work details making sure they cover every last bit of this place for survivors, but he knew there weren’t any the second he came back. “strange,” as he rubs his chin. He did have tingle a little going north when he looked at the map that’s where he needed to go and soon. He was also wondered about the rest of his family since they haven’t come back yet as he paced the compound making sure nobody entered there while they're gone.


He didn’t have to wait long, just as it seemed forever to them it was mere moments for Wayne. He joins his wife this time he placed a ward around the space himself, it was so strong like a shield of glass it reflected as Drealin bounced off it giving him a puzzled looked as Wayne removed for a minute then sent him on his way.


Martha smiled as she took his hand and EJ’s as she tells him. “We have been given the light of truth and knowledge and to help on our journey. We will know when and how we should act around different cultures so we can blend in and speak their language. The darkness will not touch us for we have been shielded from it by the kiss. Our skills have increased so has our responsibility as we teach others. For when our journey is done and they have returned home, we will return back to ours unharmed... In time we may be able to come back if we wish if that is our desire. For we will have many new friends some we have not yet made.”


Martha turned to the Whitmore’s, “Wayne? Kollie and Rena will not be coming back as we are taking them to their new home.  Yet they will visit when they can, but they can not live among us anymore once they reach it.”


Rena wiped a tear from her eye trying to smile. “But we have lots to do until then right boys?”


“Yes, Ma.” They replied.


Martha continued, “Their gift was the greatest gift yet small compared to others. It was the gift of life as they now as a family will sit together they will be able to heal more wounds faster, giving it life once more from their hearts without drawing on their strength, while their friends protect them from harm. They also will not be defenseless as they too can feel darkness or souls of life anywhere and when they are in tune together or meditate alone, but they are stronger together as a family.  Grandma got something special that Mary thought suited her, a power all her own.



* * * *

 


Glen smiled nearly laughed when she smiled saw the twinkle in her eye knowing she can now really call forth wind and blow a wicked storm with lightning and rain. But he also gave her hard council about it when to use and not. “It can be easily taken away as given when you need it the most. Same for Richard unlike his mother he prefers more tack as Glen smiles putting his hand on his shoulder just smiles not telling anyone except him as he smiled.


Then it was Mary turn he placed his hand on her heart then gives her the best gift as she smiles with love and passion, and fire then whispers in her ear as her eyes lit up not tell anyone. “He is coming just for you.” Then nods with a wink and smile


Glen made his way to three brothers and three little ones as he pats them on the head then stops looked at Danny for a minute then held his hand then whispered in his ear as he laughs then Glen wife gives them each little kiss. Then looks at the three brothers and gets really serious. Taking each one over by a small corner of the room then walks them back as each one glows except for EJ he asked. “Are you still sure of your choice?”


EJ looked him straight in the eye. “I am and would do it. If it was today or twenty years later my mind would not change.”


Glen takes Martha by the hand with a smile yet sad as he looks at the boy’s future. “Martha. I can see it you're in heart and in his heart, he wants it more than life itself for he belongs with you in his heart says so his mind dwells on the past tries to forget, but it can’t, but in the end, you must remember he was yours and will be again. For love never dies. True love like his and yours and this family has shown to him. Is the greatest gift I can give him that he knows more than life itself that you all love him.


“His days or going to be hard and nights long as time pass between two worlds. For he is stretched on a fine line and needs to be, and needs you as he grasps for what is missing, for he must find what has been lost. It is for him to find it like it is for his other self. They call out to each when they are close. It draws them together as one. He has all he needs for now as I place my last gift for him.”


Glen taking Martha’s hand placing it on EJ’s heart she can feel it beating strong as the tears run down her face she whispered: “I love you so much, my son.” Then he takes each other hand placed on his heart. They too feel it as the tears roll down their cheeks, he breaths as if he was asleep for he was as the kiss was placed on his cheek, but somehow he knew.


Glen picked up the sleeping boy as he gently wrapped him in a white cloth as a newborn baby. Handed him back to his mother in her arms. She slowly lifts cloth away from his sleeping face all she saw was EJ true self as she smiled holding him in her arms rocking gently letting him sleep.


Glen moved to the three sisters as the tears roll down their cheek for their brother. That’s all they wanted was him, Glen nodded and proceeds. “Anna, Julie your brother needs your protection, if he is going to make the journey, his brothers will be there. True as it may be, but who is going to protect them? EJ has none. he can not fend for himself like your family can now as of yet. All he has is courage, love, and knowledge as his skills wait for him. For the time has not come as of yet, but will in due course. It is up to you to keep him safe from harm.”


Anna, Julie slowly let go of EJ and nods. Anna went first receiving increased ability of fire and defenses with water and Ice storms which she can transform into shields in a split-second also detect any of the elements on the surfaces.  Julie was more like her mothers, but stronger in bright light could make candles out of anything like rocks she had one gift that nobody else had, the art of music she could think about it and music would fill the air when she choose or created instruments out of nothing….



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 24, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep