Date Night  Part 1

Date Night Part 1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 169

Date Night

Part 1


Why is it that one idea sparks other people to do irrational things at the last moment or steal your idea as they decide that it was their idea, to begin with? I have nothing against people wanting to go out on a date on Friday night. Except for stealing my idea of stopping at florist shop with roughly 25 guys entering the same store and wiping out the store on single impulse. To buy their wife or dates roses, common it's not like they could do it any other night, other then the night mine and Jared’s mermaids were coming.


I waited until it dawned on them that they hadn’t assigned a baby-sister to take care of my brothers or Billy, nor the Vincent boys. Yet when I mentioned it they looked at me strangely. Dad paused and so did everyone else, yet no one else wanted to face the reality, that they all had forgotten that simple little detail. Causing them to argue who was willing to stay behind. I said. “I could do it,”


Dad and Mr. Vincent said. “Absolutely not,” at the same time. Telling me they had been planning this night all week and they were being flown in tonight when Jody meets them at the airport. Dad said. “Theirs a possibility,”


Stringum said. “Dave was coming with her to spend the weekend with us.”


Dad said. “Maybe they would be willing to do it together.”


Stringum said. “Maybe, but there would have to be something in it for them.”


Dad said. “Go on,”


Stringum said, “Two nights and two days at a nice hotel that I know that they would both enjoy. Jody hasn’t had a break from school in a very long time the last time she did, was when that Gloria thing happened.”


Dad said. “Ok then to make it fair we all chip in, to all expenses paid lovers weekend on us.” Everyone agreed and Stringum made the arrangements. I choked when I heard the cost, it was more then I would make at Stringum’s for a full week plus babysitting. They decided to tell them nothing until they landed; which wouldn’t be until 7 or 8 pm.


Yet Stringum felt that it would be best to tell Dave so he could spring it on her as his surprises. Knowing how woman are when a boy they really love tells them about what he has planned for them. That way it wouldn’t be seen as a bribe which it truly was. Considering all the boys and men were paying for it, the father’s taking the heavy end.


Dad ordered 3 dozen roses with a nice card in Dave name, and some extra spending cash for their lover’s weekend, Mr. Vincent added his plane to sweeten the deal when he learned where this hotel that Stringum was suggesting that would pick them up around 10 am Saturday morning and take them to their destination. Somewhere in sunny California with a nice warm sandy beach, everyone else contributed to the hotel room known as the honeymoon suite and all their meals paid. 


Stringum paid the balance of the remaining amount and told us he was going to use it as a tax right off. After all, it was his idea and it was their idea to ask Jody for their services. When we left the florist there weren’t any roses left anywhere and very few of any other kind of flowers either, which made a very nice healthy profit to the store owner. Having to close the store due to the fact he didn’t have anything left to sell.


I laughed when he and his wife said. “Please come again,” and asking how long they were staying.


Dad said. They had rented out the cabins for the winter; noticing the flyer that said to be on the lookout for him and our family. Stringum slyly asked for a copy stating he might have seen them before at the airport terminal or on the bus ride over here.


She said. “And where we're coming from sir?”


He said. “From Saint George Utah and I was told that skiing would be outstanding and I have purchased a cabin for the winter; I believe the Grayson cabin. And I have arranged to purchase two more in case he and his associates and their families would like to spend the winter here on a time-sharing plan.” He gave out his business card Stringum’s, emporium and goods listing his estate's address.  Stating he was thinking of opening a store here, in the near future. She asked him if he knew Rothwell’s. He shook his head no, said. “Not personally, like I said they were heading south I believe they mentioned Little… Little-field Arizona, something about seeing a sick uncle, isn’t that right Bob?”


Dad said. “Yes that’s right, I am Mr. Carrion by the way,” shaking her and her husband hand and he introduced me to them as Nathan and my brother John. She noticed the wheelchairs and Dad said. “They were hit by a drunk driver last year when crossing the street from school, and have been paralyzed from the waist down. The Doctor thought a change of scenery would do them good and Mr. Stringum had rented out the Grayson cabin that had a heated pool and a large therapy room. Telling us it was not being used during the winter while our new home is still under construction.


“So he offered to put us up for the winter if I would see to the day to day operations of opening a store here in Heber. My friends and Associates are helping us move into one of the cabins, what was the name?”


Stringum said “Grayson’s.”


Dad said. “It’s just the four of us me, wife and two boys you see here. We decided to do something nice for our wives and their mother. Having been told there was an excellent place nearby to spend the evening. And our boys over here thought they would take some these local girls they have met recently at Blood of Christ church that caught our eye and have been reading their bible. I must say I felt impressed upon to find out more about it.” Perhaps you have heard about it.?”  The owner’s wife smiled and asked a few questions testing Dad. He calmly answered her questions and pulled out the bible out of his pocket showing that he has indeed read it and have marked some of his favorite passages.


Dad asked if he could get a little more information so if he and his associates could make a donation it would be very helpful and a meeting schedule and wanting to know more about their prophet or person leading the congregation here. They were more than willing as they quickly wrote it down for him and telling us all they can’t wait to see us on Sunday as well as the Tuesday social.


Dad said. “Thanks, they will be there with bells on.”


Hearing his wife say, “such a nice man, and their two boys such a shame.”


Her husband said. “He kinda looks familiar, where have I seen that face before?


His wife said. “Dear you say that to everyone that comes in here.”


Hearing him say, “I do not?”


His wife said. “You heard what that man said he’s from Saint George, they are only here to expand their business. Now I have heard about Stringum’s Emporium and he has stores all across the United States. He’s rich and his associates are rich, not like those Rothwell’s, and their friends that we were told about. We have seen the Grayson cabin and the cabins around them it would take a lot of money to rent them out for the winter and you know it. Oh look he’s coming back in.”


Dad said. “Pardon me, ma’am. I was curious when you might get your next supply of roses in. We are thinking about having a large banquet up at the house and we were thinking that you might be able to help with that order.”


She said; “of course, anything for you Mr. Carrion.”


Dad said. “Just call me Bob, after all, we're going to be neighbors so to speak.” She smiled and asked how big of an order.


Dad said; “300 red and 500 white and 200 pink roses, in the best arrangements.”


She gasped and said it would take at least a couple of weeks.


Mr. Stringum said. “If it’s too big of an order we can ask another florist.”


Her husband said. “No not all, when would you like them delivered?”


Stringum said; “next Wednesday around noon.” He slapped his credit card on the counter. I gasped hearing the bill total.


Once we left the store for good Dad asked if he was really going to open a store here. Stringum’s said. “Of course I am, I’d make a killing here, plus it gives me a legit reason for purchasing the Grayson’s cabin as well build another home. You got to spend money to make money. You heard the lady were rich. The best way to attract a big fat rat like Crawford is to tell the rat where to find the cheese and kill him slowly. Within six months not only will I have him where I want him, but I’ll also make a tidy little profit as well.


“Right now I have placed several traps all over wherever his church and his flock are congregating. He’ll come and beg me to help fund his little church. Then I will crush him, I will tear down his little empire piece by piece before he knows it was me; the very man that he has asked to help him, destroy him as he has done to so many lives. I am talking thousands of people. Not just the ones in Highland and American Fork. This man has people entrenched in so many places. That more and more are joining his ranks, and people are willing to kill to get a taste of it.


“You heard Shawn, they are not a church they are something a lot worst and using The Satanic Bible written by Anton LaVey Stamping his own name on it as part of a knew religionists group. They are practicing in Black Magic, and praying to satanic demons and passing them off as Gods. Sacrificing woman and children, committing crimes so dark that it would make the Salem witch trials look like a holy crusader. I don’t like watching people being sacrificed more so woman and children, I don’t like them selling them to prostitution and turning them to drug addicts. These people need to be stopped. Last week alone 5 woman and their children were killed in one of their churches out in the woods near their homes.


“It was passed off as nothing more than accidental fire from a candle getting to close to the curtains in an old run-down building. The truth was they were slaughtering them on the altar, and drink their blood and then burned them telling them they were putrefying their souls, known as a Black Mass  All in the name of that God Mormo and their prophet told them to do it. To show their faith in him. There have been many others in the last year alone some times staged as a mass suicide.  They raped them and then killed them, Crawford is not the main guy we are after, and he is only a small part of it. It is their leader that we are drawing out.


“Yet so far we have made very little progress, until now. This guy is hungry for anyone that can finance his little operation and has contacts across the world. I want this man, I want him so bad, and if he takes me to Crawford and brings that little piss ant with him so be it. Every man like Crawford has a price, and it is greed and power.


"So yes I am planning on opening a store here, and several others across the state, and any place I find his flock and I will use it spread rumors, and break them into little pieces severing their ties from that church if is the last thing I do. Now let’s spread a little money around and have fun doing it. I wasn’t kidding about having a large banquet at the house, and we are all going to church this Sunday and we're going to that invite on Tuesday.


“Mr. Vincent will bring in his special effects makeup guy and nobody will know who you are, other then the information we are spreading. Crawford will be looking south, and then he’ll find you in the west, then everywhere without actually knowing where you are. It will be like you dropped off the map then when you return home he’ll be out looking elsewhere not believing that you are there, until he pokes his little head out and we grab that b*****d once and for all. Then one by one each of them will fall until the big boss himself is no more, and our woman and children are safe.”


Dad and I had to admit it was a clever plan as we shopped like high rollers. Stringum using his card and I using the one he gave me, letting Dad look like and our friends look like we were all filthy rich.


I hated to even guess how much we spent, but Jared and I were just along for the ride. Most of the items I did notice were sent to the local warehouse. From there Stringum will move them to one of his stores to be resold or reused and repackaged, which was nothing new to me, after all, I been doing his books. The only real thing on mine and Jared’s mind is our mermaids, mostly because we were nowhere near a hundred percent compared to last time. Dad said we would be fine when I asked him if this was such a good idea.


Stringum smiled and kept on shopping. It was nearly 3 or 3:30 when returned back to the cabin after all the town isn’t that big and we only shopped for 2 hours if that not counting florist, and getting our tuxes. Stringum had decided to purchase them instead of renting them, spreading their money around, so we have them for Wednesday at the banquet get together. Instead of having to fight tooth and nail to rent them. He had informed the guy at the shop to order more in and invited him and his family to the party.


Mom gasped seeing everything we bought, even more, when Dad handed her a dozen long stem roses, getting the same reaction from all the ladies. Stringum said he had made a reservation downtown for all them to get their hair and nails done, but they had to be there in an hour.


Mom and the girls screamed with excitement as if they were in a panic. Quickly grabbing a light jacket and left with several kisses and passing off the bad boys too Dad. I didn’t have to ask Dad what I needed to do as Jared and I set the roses on the table for safekeeping, leaving Mr. Vincent and the other men to prepare us a quick bite to tide us over.


The one thing I was most worried about most was talking to my grandmother and my mother, only giving them veg answers and as well as the ones I couldn’t give them. I knew why and I hated the reason that could put them in danger. Plus they had enough to worry about and I wasn’t one of them. I didn’t ask to use the phone because Mom and Dad and everyone else would cuss me for it, yet they did when I was a foster kid. Now that I am a Rothwell I have gained rights and privileges.


I dialed my grandmother number directly instead of routing the call to a different number. But Stringum told me to use my fake name Nathan and had notified her that I would be using that name. Grandma picked it up in the 7th ring stating she wasn’t nearby. I quickly stated my name. “Hi grandma this is Nate,” she sounded like she was trying to remember who Nate was I continued my conversation and said. “I found some “Speckled Moss” yesterday just like you said I would.”


That got a reaction because it was our password to know it was us. She said using my fake name. “How are you doing Nate? I got the roses you sent me and they are just beautiful.” 


I said. “Your welcome, grandma and I am doing A, O, K. I just wanted you to know that and that I love you bunches.” She told me she loved me bunches too. I gave her a quick update and told her that my mermaids were coming for a visit she said she if she could she would like to meet them. I said. “I’d have to talk to Dad about that because I wasn’t sure how long they were staying and if I could borrow the car because I wanted to show them off to all my friends.”


Dad heard me and he said that shouldn’t be a problem. Grandma said. “I’ll be waiting with bells on and fresh baked double chocolate chip cookies,” Dad said he’d call her when they arrive and have a more revised plan.


I said my goodbyes telling her I loved her. Then asked Dad regarding their visit he smiled that he didn’t want to spoil the surprise. Mr. Vincent said. “It’s a little late for that don’t you think Robert?”


Dad laughed and said. “Nope, not going to do it, not until I know for certain that they will be safe, we don’t want Crawford even gets a whiff of my son or them. After all, we haven’t decided what to do about his mother over U.E.A weekend. ”


Stringum and Mr. Vincent said. “We could bring them here,” Dad shook his head no that my mother wasn’t about to get on a small plane. Plus then there was a problem what to do about my sisters, as well as everyone else, plus having to worry about Shawn and Arthur being here; too many variables.”


Mr. Vincent said. “Give me a day to put together an idea, make a few phone calls and what not.” I was told to tell my mother that for now that I was spending the entire week with her. If she asks, if not don’t lead her on. Easier said than done.


Again the problem was I couldn’t call my mother at her house, in case the phone was bugged. And I couldn’t use my fake name because it would seem too obvious. So instead I called Officer Kenly and have her pick her up and drive her to a safe location, where she could talk in private. To think all because of one man that I had to do everything in secret. I hated secrets and I hated that I couldn’t do anything, hell I couldn’t even protect myself or my friends.


I dialed the number and his wife picked up on the second ring. I used the password in a different sentence. “Hi Mrs. Kenly this Nate, I was hoping you could bake me some cookies for my scout troop. Like you did last year; using that special ingredient “Spackle Moss.”


She said. “Yes Nate, I think I can do that, but I needed to know how many?” I said. “20 to 30 dozen. They were such a big hit last year.”


She said. “Not a problem, when would like them?” I said. “Next Wednesday.”


She said. “Not a problem; I’ll get right on it.” I hung up the phone and waited 30 minutes, knowing I had to make three calls asking for the same thing, using a different brand of tart for the cookie. Until the thirty minutes were up, in case she was being followed, again all this trouble for one man. 


Again I had to use the code words like how long it would take my mother to call me back. Using the number of cookies I needed. Wednesday meant how many places they needed to stop being 3 and pick up a small basket of berries or a basket of something in cases my mother was being followed until she reached the last destination where she would call me, and was safe to talk to me.


My grandmother was easy because she had grand kids they are known to call all the time. I picked up the phone and dialed my mother’s house and said. “Mrs. Shepherd my name is Bobby; I was calling to ask about our favorite cookies you made last year for my scout troop fundraiser.”


My mother said. “Hello, Bobby I was wondering when you were going to call me. I make so many cookies can you tell me the kind you wanted me to make and the amount?”


I said. “Yes Mrs. S; I believe they were the mixed berry ones. I need 10 dozen they were a big hit and I needed them by next Wednesday.”


My mother said. “Sounds great, I’ll be expecting you to pick them up on Wednesday morning. I am just about to run some errands and will add that to my list. Thanks so much for calling me.” Again the number 10 was used to give my mother an idea when her ride was coming to get her or make a phone call.


I made two more calls to Bishop Earl’s house and Officer Knox’s house. Using the same information then waited as I watched the clock tick on the wall.  Once the time expired the phone rang and my mother was on the other end. I waited for Dad to answer the phone and said. “This is Mr. Carrion, Oh yes he right here,” he handed me the phone.


My mother said out of breath. “You had me worried after I haven’t spoken to you for a couple of days. I called the Vincent’s home and got their answering machine telling me they had gone on a trip to Alaska to visit some aunt of theirs.  I called your adoptive parents home and the operator telling me the number had been disconnected. I drove out there and the place looked deserted and I called all your friends and not one of them was home. Now tell my boy where and the hell are you? Not even your grandmother knows more then I do and I am your mother.”


I waited for her to stop ranting, and then I apologized. And asked if she got the roses I sent her.


She said. “Yes they are beautiful and thank you, but your trying to get me changes the subject.”


I gave a heavy sigh and said. “Mom, I am A. O.K, mostly. But I can’t tell you where I am. Not over the phone at least, and probably not in person. There is more going on then we had thought. So Mom and Dad have told me not to tell no one, for your own safety,” having to explain what I meant by mostly ok. As I told her that still have a cough, but it has lessened quite a bit coughing a couple of times and sip my tea that did way more than the cough syrup and tasted better. And the poison is completely gone, even though we were still waiting for the tests results for certain and the fact I was still using a wheelchair to get around and the Doctor says I could be in it for least another week.


I cringed when my mother asked if I was still coming home for UEA week. I asked Dad even though he told me to tell her that I was. I said. “Yes, Mom, the entire week as promised. They are just ironing out the wrinkles, but Dad said yes,” Mom asked me about those wrinkles. I handed the phone to Dad, having him telling her what they have learned. He handed it back to me and Mother's voice sounded shaken.


Of course it would, its not everyday that you find out that man that wants you dead is part of Satanic cult with members across the United States and you are number one person on his list as well as the people you are associated with and what they do or have been told what they do in regards of their religion. It was a lot to take in. I quickly said my goodbyes and hung up the phone. I had other things I needed to do to get ready for my date or in my case dates.


Sparky as always followed me until he realized where I was going seeing me fill the tub and started to undress my brothers and the two Vincent boys, considering it was my job to bath them, watching him hide himself under the bed. Dad and Mr. Vincent joined us while my friend’s sought each other's company now that knew who they were going to be with tonight.


None of them were sad it wasn’t me considering it had been months since I had been with my mermaid friends and I could be with them anytime I or they wanted too. It felt good to bathe my brothers again as well as the Vincent boys. I had yet to spend much time with either of them and I felt guilty about being paid for something that I hadn’t really worked for. Homework and bathing were all I had been able to do and nothing more.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 24, 2019
Last Updated on February 11, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep