Experiment Gone Wrong  Part 3

Experiment Gone Wrong Part 3

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 293-2

Experiment Gone Wrong

Part 3

 


The plane was huge, and since it was late we mostly slept and arrived roughly around 7 am in the morning. Landan said he would join us after he secured the plane; we still had least a couple hours before we would meet with owners that owned the property we were renting. And would be at least that before Stringum could check into his hotel and change our cash from American to Euros. Plus the fact we were about an hours drive from the Airport to where we would be staying. So there was nothing to talk about as Agatha discussed what we did wrong in regards to our experiment.


However her husbands Garret and Jerald came to our rescue telling her the only thing that went wrong was on their side, not ours. Clearly stating that none of them have been off the island long enough to mix and mingle. Agatha said. “I am where of that, yet the drug we are giving them should have made it so they be having sex… not “mingling in meaningless conversation. Besides the ones we paired them with should have been able too. Yet none of them made it back to the hotel, and the ones that did; never made it under the sheets before the drug wore off. ”


Dad said. “Come on you got to be serious, having a meaningless conversation is the most important part in courtship. It’s not like they can say. Let’s get naked and have sex.  Where I come from if a guy said that to a woman they didn’t know, they’d slap his face and call the cops. Even nudists no better than too even mention sex without knowing who the person is they are having sex with. A coven such as yours, everyone knows everyone and has known them since the day they were born. You never really talked about sex, other then it was a form of love between those you marry.


“What has it been, three days give or take a few hours? And now you expect them to have a sexual relationship with the outside world when they barely have a relationship with the ones they have married; which was why we wanted to conduct experiments to not only test the drug but also test them to see how they interact with complete strangers. The drug works, but you said it yourself if neither party interacts the drug will not be as effective.


“What you call a meaningless conversation, is one of the key ingredients. Even with our targets, they need to be able to have conversations, and know how to interact with them and the outside world. If they don’t, then you and I have failed, so we learn and we take what we learn and go on from there. Not pointing fingers on who didn’t do what and when. You brought us here to help you, so let us help you. We will start by mingling with the locals as tourists, and learn about how things work.


“We will continue where we left off, without the hyped up sex drug since it is useless unless they can break the gap to where they actually talk to someone. Without us watching every move, hoping they go home with someone after each encounter. They will learn the hot spots, and they will learn by reading up on current events. Play games like everyone else and most of all learn to dance, where they can actually have a meaningless conversation.”


The rest of the drive was in silence and so was breakfast as we stopped at nearby dinner. The place we were going to was Villa Les Cygnes about 60 miles from Challans in France. Where there were several apartment vacation rentals. Stringum didn’t care how much it cost. He was more concern about our comforts, he only had one rule which was I wasn’t allowed to call home meaning not my mother or my grandmother. That way they couldn’t tell anyone where I was at.


Mom and Dad and like I said had the biggest vacation rentals side by side, and where we would share the outdoor pool and hot tub, the beach was less than 5 miles away, which was fine. I was just happy to get there more than anything, mostly because of how uncomfortably quiet the ride was after Dad made his point. Rhoda and her two husband’s rental were next to ours on the other side of us sharing it with Greg and his two wives. In many ways, we owned the entire block. Each rental had its own kitchen, slash dining room slash living room.


We each had three bedrooms one for us married adults and the other two were the kid’s rooms. Agatha liked it because it meant our wives had to keep house and cook for us as if we lived on the island. The bathtub in the room was spacious until you saw that bathroom its self was nothing to write home about. It was basically just as small as my mother’s bathroom with a closet shower. The going rate was about two-thousand dollars for a 7-night stay. Well according to the broacher.


I gasped at the price, but Stringum said it was perfect for what we were looking for if we wanted to blend in. He provided us each family a rental car; except for me I had a minivan and a convertible; the same for Mom and Dad since we had the largest families, but the convertible was only for exploring the nightlife. I was to share it with Greg since we were the only ones that knew how to drive. Adding that to a long list of things our coven wives and husbands had to learn and were told Landan was going to be their instructor; since he was the one in charge of making sure we had IDs and licenses that would look legit.


The first order of business was grocery shopping and unpacking. As the girls and our mothers left us boys to take care of the kids, and unpack. But the moment the kids saw the pool outside, and the warm 80 to 90-degree temperature. Suitcases and their clothes were the first things to go since we owned the almost entire block of rentals. It being the slow part of the year before Thanksgiving and Christmas; there were very few tourists here, plus the fact the backyard where the pool and hot-tub were was all fenced in with high fences and lots of trees. It was a free for all, leaving me to pick up the clothes and unpack our things and since I had the most kids everyone including my own brothers and sisters came to our rental.


However, Agatha didn’t go with them as she came into boy’s room and closed the door with Garret and Jerald as she handed me two disturbing letters, one for me and the other for Dustin from his mother. I opened the letter, and it told me that she wasn’t going to be there when Dustin and the rest of us came back to the island. That she talked to Dustin before coming that he knew she was sick had been for quite sometime and told him he was going to a hospital to seek treatment for lung cancer, when in truth she had less than 5 months to live and she didn’t want Dustin seeing her suffer and being able to do nothing for her and him.


Which was why she was giving me Dustin to raise with the coven children that were given to me; he had no one left, no father, and no living grandparents. In the letter was a signed power of attorney placing Dustin into my care. I wanted to shout how on unfair it was, and how unready I was to be a parent to a 10-year-old boy. I didn’t even know his mother all that well to begin with, or the fact she was ill or dying. Agatha said placing her arms around me. That he chose me to be his father, just like the rest of the children that was assigned to me.


I wanted to shout, I wanted to run away from all this responsibility. Agatha said that true test of being a parent is deciding when the best time to step up to the plate and be a parent and in this case, she had chosen me to be Dustin’s father.


The words cut me deep, holding the other letter in my hands that had Dustin’s name on it. She asked if she could give him the letter. I shook my head no. That it would be better if it came from me. Not someone he didn’t know, knowing what he would feel… having felt that feeling of someone you love very much was taken away from you.


I lost count how many times I had felt that feeling. Now I was going to have to be the one to bring bad news to a 10-year-old boy. If was my father breaking this news to me or Aaron; he wouldn’t give a damn how we would feel. In fact time and time again, he and my mother had done this to me for their own sick pleasures.


Agatha nodded as she left me alone, my heart was heavy as I looked outside seeing him so happy thinking the world is how it should be. He had never been happier since the day he met me, and now I was about to tell him, that his mother was never coming back and he would never see her again. I called Dustin asking him to come into the house for a minute, so he could help me put his clothes away. It was a lie, but he did so anyway looking back at his brothers and sisters and his new friends my brothers new and old.


I closed the bedroom door and handed him the letter his mother wrote to him. His hands trembled as I put my arms around him. Asking him if he would like me to read it, he nodded as my mind shouted no, and my heart broke into a million pieces as the words came out of my mouth telling him… from his mother how much she loved him, and how proud she was of him. That he had to be strong, as she was saying goodbye to him forever.


I hugged him to my chest and let him cry; as he pounded on me his anger that his mother left him so she could die, knowing he wouldn’t be there to watch. He cried that she lied to him that she was just going away for a few weeks and would be back by Thanksgiving and no longer sick. She told him she was getting better; she told him that this was nothing more than the flu. I let him cry, there was nothing I could do to make the pain go away, for in truth the pain really never goes away.


Which I knew so well, after what had happened with the Fry’s when Jeff died and what had happened with Stead’s when they moved away wanting to take me with them, but my parents and my grandmother refused to let them and I was forced to go home and soon after sold to drug addicts as work slave, and then once again when they took me away from the Downing’s. Yes, I knew the pain he was feeling, and I knew nothing I could say would make that pain go away. He cried as he pounded his arms on my chests, until there simply weren’t any more tears, knowing there would be for a very long time.


Only time took the pain away, but not the memory of it… I didn’t leave his side until he was either asleep or he was ready to face the world again. I told him that I knew what he was going through. As I told him about my past so he knew that he wasn’t alone. Yet in truth, I was more alone now because the one that got me through it all was my grandmother. Now she wasn’t really on my side, instead, she was the enemy trying to take me away from the only family I had left and she was doing it because she didn’t believe what we're doing mattered.


Once I had bared my soul to him, it brought us closer, something my father or my sisters wouldn’t understand nor would my grandmother; that it takes more than being blood-related or having the same genes to make a family. The Fry’s the Stead’s and the Downing’s were my family, and so were the Rothwell’s.


None of them were related to me, yet I considered them part of me, and that feeling of family has never left me, even today I would still call them my family. And when I leave this earth, I will call them family. However, everyone else that is related to me, our ones that were never there for me and my brother Aaron when we needed them the most, they are not a part of me or considers family.


If God asked me who I would choose to live with for all eternity; it would be the Fry’s, The Stead’s, the Downing’s and the Rothwell’s and of course the family I raised without my grandmothers or my mother's help. Everyone else that stood by and did nothing, and those like my father and my two sisters Susan and Becky who have never shown me any kindness would be left out and alone. There are just some things you can never forget or forgive. I understood what Dustin was going through. He didn’t have a family anymore. Instead, all he had was me, as his father and my two coven wives Kateleen and Beth and his new coven brothers and sisters and his new grandparents my Rothwell family.


The idea of him not being loved horrified me, and I swore a promise to him that as his father I would love him and be there for him until didn’t need me anymore. I wish I could say that promise was easy, but wasn’t and it was my cross to bear.


I hugged Dustin and we left the room. I took the letter placed it near his bed. So he could read it over and over again whenever he wanted. So he would know his mother loved him enough to give him to me, understanding what I had gone through and knowing that he couldn’t have been placed in better hands. Some people would disagree, and that’s fine, but like everything else, they didn’t know what my life was like or what I lived through. Plus the fact they never cared to ask in the first place; however the decision was mine to make and not theirs.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on June 14, 2019
Last Updated on February 27, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep