Opening Poem

Opening Poem

A Chapter by Shep

O Harkin

 

 O Harkin my fellow friends and comrades upon the fields of time. The trumpet calls thee, the beat of the might drum.  O Harkin the swords of my ancestors, bones of the mighty that have fallen. O Harkin to the voice, for the battle rages on, upon the fields on high. Raise thy flag,  for victory, Rise thy flag to follow thee. For we march as one with sword or powder. For country, for freedom we harkin of and for the fields of time.


O Harkin Mothers cry not for your husband nor the boys, for duty calls them as the trumpet blows. Mothers, Sister, Brother it is thee the drum beats for. Their sword is swift with Crimson fire, wield in thy hands. Muskets and balls of fire, they shall solute thee upon the lands. For it is not a battle of man they go to battle for, but of the heart, soul and of the mind. For they bring back with them, the soul of victory, for others may not have to go.


 O Harkin comrades young and old, the voice of us all. That mighty trumpet of time it has called. For it has or will never be forgotten as the flags of its glory reaches home. O Harkin old bones of our ancestors foretold, our hearts of Crimson Fire touches thee and burns bright upon our minds and our soul.  


O Harkin to the trumpet my friends as we are called home. For we raise thy flags and shoulder thy Muskets with dignity as we wait for the trumpet to be called.              


    



© 2011 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You really stay on track making this piece fit the timeframe it resides in. Really gives it environment. You've done an excellent job here. After leaving this piece I feel the grit under my nails from being a part of the story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now this is wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a wonderful idea to use red as book marks. As I was writing one of my stories, I was finding it frustrating to mark where I left off. Great idea.

Very nice poem. Yes, it is indeed very poetic. Loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very nice poem, has a way with words that is so poetically perfect. Excellent :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an inspiring poem (that's what I see it as)!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are more than welcome to tear this apart, all I ask is an honest review. That includes. (Typos, Grammar and tenses.) Just tell me where and what I need to fix. Note: the words in read are my bookmarks please ignore it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very Good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The perfect poem for this book!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

844 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Truth My Truth

A Poem by Tate Morgan