Waltz for Life Will Born

Waltz for Life Will Born

A Poem by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

Creative Writing Piece inspired by the Japanese producer, Nujabes ~R.I.P

"

We were counting stars as we lay down in the park. Time always seems to slow them down as the world goes round. I was curious to know why on this one night, this particular star seemed to shine so bright. It made his eyes and shine for the first time, as it did mine. He became my Jester and I his vixen. He became my entertainment and I his tease.

 

We were at our secret, our special spot. The one in the park over the hill. He found this place first and  led me here. At first I was quite hesitant but then he told me, “Come outside and you might stumble across something that is beyond your mind”. I didn’t want to have any regrets or be regretful. I didn’t want to get left behind so instead I decided to leave behind and take his hand that led me here.

 

In this place I can be whoever I want to be, do whatever I want to do. My heart was never hidden here, it was always open and forever carefree, at least until the starts started to fade. Here I could be reckless, adventurous, daring and even a little naïve. I’ve always been told that life is nothing but an “animated puppet show”, but in our secret, special spot we were the ones pulling the strings.

 

My little Jester agreed. He was always on my side and by my side. For the longest time I thought he wasn’t even real, a figment of my imagination, an imaginary folklore. I know that he is definitely not an “Ordinary Joe”, because he is something, someone I have never seen before. It’s scary to know and love someone who’s heart is yours, and yours is his. Is this real? Is this fake? I can’t find the answers to that.

I know that we have found the space and time to let love in, exist. We are loving life and nothing else, everything that comes with it.

 

As the night grew later a bizarre light was coming from the horizon, an abnormal hue. The morning sky is usually blues, pinks, and purples, maybe a little orange. This time though, the sky was a smoky orange and a dark blue.  We ran up the hill, the one that hid our hometown from the outside world and war, to follow this strange light. At the top of the hill all we could see was an inferno of a town with aircrafts passing overhead.

 

Maybe that is why, on this particular night this one star seemed to shine so bright. It had twinkled and faded and now the sky’s emptiness won’t ever go away.

 

We ran down the hill to the town to see if there were any survivors left, which was mistake number one, or maybe by now mistake number five. Every house was in flames. People laid dying in the streets or were already dead. We hurried to his house first but we saw that the structure had already collapsed… mistake number six. We scurried to my house, but before we could get there we were faced with another weird and wonderful sight. Light that looked like life-size stars started to move towards us. We didn’t know  if we should go or stay, but we stayed and this time I found out that it wasn’t a mistake.

 

It seems that every child in the town had survived this air-raid and they were glowing with this light of new hope. This light shown through their hearts and guided them, safely, out the town. Mine and the jester’s hearts were bright too.

 

At the top of the hill, we watch what was left of our past burn away and float into the sky. As more and more people joined us, on top of that hill, the sky became lighter and brighter…more stars had become brighter. We knew exactly why we survived. It was our duty, our generations duty to begin the waltz for life will born, and that ‘will’ being peace and prosperity, compassion and understanding for all.

 

“It could happen to you.” The jester whispers in my ear. I turn to him and everything hazes away.

 

I find myself still at our secret, special spot, looking at that particular star that shines so bright. “It could happen to you”. He says again. I ask, “What can?” And he replies, “You could shine so bright like that star in the sky if you really wanted to. Anyone can.” I take those words to heart, entrust my heart to that star, and vow just that.

 

~Jasmine Edwards

© 2013 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on August 25, 2013
Last Updated on August 25, 2013

Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing