respecting our men

respecting our men

A Story by Shilpi. S. Dey
"

breaking the stereotype of men designed by the feminist society

"

Respecting our Men 

We are so stereotyped when we speak or think about men. Often when I am in a conversation with my ladies I come across terms like "babe, all men are the same"or " men are dogs" or " don't trust guys. they are not worth it" and so on and on. Very few have respected men the way they should be. If you demand respect is it not your moral duty to respect the opposite gender back? True, men make life difficult for women but are women 100% true too?


Few years ago I came across this man who changed my view on men. Mr.Chatterjee, my friends father. Mr.Chatterjee was a very bright and a happy person. I think he must have striven really hard to keep his wife and his daughters happy. He had an amazing personality and an even amazing sense of humor. Ideally, you can call him the perfect man , a lady can ever have. Suddenly, one day his wife, wed to him for 15 years told him her wish to quit upon their marriage. The reason was she wanted to pursue her career once again. Mr.Chatterjee happily let her go even if he was deeply shattered. She refused to take her children or any aspect of her married life along with her because she wished to begin life once again as a spinster. Sometimes, what goes on in your nearest person's mind is unknown.


Malika and Rajni were barely 13 and 10 then. They saw their mother leaving and they knew for a fact that she was not going to return. Not having a wife after 15 years of togetherness really does bother. But this man was strong. He played the role of a mother, father, brother and a friend. I am pretty sure that man had never strayed away. He took care of little things his daughters needed. From pins to heels. He took care of all. He was the only man I saw so particular, truly caring and I guess a rare father who knew his daughters choices far more better than anyone. 


When his daughters grew up they obviously fell in love. Even then he was a supportive father. He had raised his daughters so beautifully that the men they fell in love with were just like their father. His eldest daughter, Mallika is married and has a really handsome 3 year old. His youngest daughter, Rajni, my friend is too going to tie the knot next October. 


Who said a father , a man cannot raise children? After seeing Mr. Chatterjee who did not give up his responsibilities even when his wife did, who did not make his children bitter about the lady who hurt him terribly, who never let their daughters feel her absence, my eyes fill up with tears. 


As a daughter i love him, as a woman i bless him! :) 


© 2014 Shilpi. S. Dey


Author's Note

Shilpi. S. Dey
no personal relevations this is an imaginary story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hi A. Amos,your appreciation means alot :) i will surely write more :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


Good read finally someone appreciate men:) World is different so are people, I like the way you generate your story and share your wonderful message. Looking forward to read more from you, all the best in the world of writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hi Rifa,
thank you so much it means alot. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hello :)

I really like the message that you deliver in this story. Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014
Tags: men, respect, dad

Author

Shilpi. S. Dey
Shilpi. S. Dey

mumbai, maharashtra, India



About
hi, I am an aspiring writer. i love writing and by that i mean writing from the heart. writing relieves my stress and helps me pin down my feelings without being judged or opinionated. more..

Writing