Power of Color

Power of Color

A Story by kyle aka-Osiris
"

color symbolism

"

The power of

Color

 

Its was a sad day for Erika, when her mom told her that they were moving. Erika was always happy, always wore bright colors, mostly white. She has a bunch of friends where she lived now; she did not want to move. They lived in the nice town of Miami, Florida.

But now they are moving to Detroit, Michigan. A place that she heard a lot about. She was going to leave her safe sanctuary, and move into a place that was totally different to her.

A day before she left, she packed up all her cloths, all of them were white, all except one. One the plane she started to cry, she was sad that she left all that she knew. She didn’t know what she would do. She panicked. Seeing her daughter in this state, her mother took her by the hand and said, “All will be better, in a week or two you will forget about Miami.” Erika calmed down.

When the plane landed, she was already experiencing new things. Their were broken down buildings everywhere. Their were homeless on every street corner. Its not that she was stuck up or anything, it’s just that she wasn’t used to this life. It would take a while for her to adjust.

The next day she unpacked all of her white cloths, and one special article of clothing, and white decorations. She was trying to make her house a home to her as possible. Because the next day she would have to deal with school.

Her mom wakes her up at 6:30 AM. Erika groans, but sub-consciously she gets up gets in the shower, and gets dressed. Of course, wearing all white. She eats and then goes outside and waits for the bus.

When the bus comes, she hears a bunch of people screaming, and laughing. She shakes her head, gets up, and starts walking toward the bus. When she gets in, a bunch of people stare at her. She feels her heart sink. She starts to walk toward the back, but one kid sticks his foot out and trips her. She falls flat on her face, everyone starts laughing. She gets up and stays quiet, goes and sits down at an empty seat.

She clenches her books to her chest and looks down, she sighs as she see a black smudge from the floor on her white blouse. She turns her head out the window and starts to cry. At school, it doesn’t get any better. All the kids find some way to mess her up inside. The one kid even went so far and put a small piece of gum in her hair.

She makes it home, she is in her room crying her eyes out, she slips out of her cloths and puts on her white pajamas, and cries herself to sleep. For the next two weeks her life goes on as it did the first day. She has on white, goes to school kids pick on her, and she comes home, the other day her mom asked Erika to run an errand for her, just then Erika had an idea, a bad one. She forgot to run to the store.

The next months went on the same, but one day, she couldn’t take it any more, she was picked on, beat up, and put down enough. She missed her old life and all of her friends. This day she wore the one special article of clothing, it was a black outfit, it red crosses of blood on it. But, that’s not all that was different about her, she had something else with her. Something a girl her age should not have, she had a gun.

 

© 2008 kyle aka-Osiris


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow that was good....................... i liked the end it was very unexpected




justintime

Posted 16 Years Ago


WOW THAT WAS REALLY INTERESTIN I REALLY LIKED THAT YOU DESERVED TO WIN THIS WAS VERY WELL WRITTEN....I LIKED HOW IN JUS INCLUDED THA COLORS ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE N REALLY JUS TOLD A STORY....PLUS OMG THE ENDING DID IT FOR ME....COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED IT WAS REALLLY GOOD CONGRats....!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, s**t!!!!! That is so intense, nice job with that one. I was totally taken by surprise at the end.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2008

Author

kyle aka-Osiris
kyle aka-Osiris

Allentown, PA



About
no hope=no fear more..

Writing