Dont Blink You Might Miss Him  Joe Issa On the Move "

Dont Blink You Might Miss Him Joe Issa On the Move "

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

If you see him don’t blink, because the next time you open your eyes he might be standing right in front of you saying, “Hello!” That’s what people on the social scene say about Joe Issa, who seems to

"

If you see him don’t blink, because the next time you open your eyes he might be standing right in front of you saying, “Hello!” That’s what people on the social scene say about Joe Issa, who seems to turn up everywhere with that enviable energy that keeps him out and about, making his presence one of the most recognizable and appreciated across Jamaica.


Once named among Jamaica’s rising business stars and sexiest men, and with three planes to carry him around, Issa’s business and social engagements are such that he could be found in any number of places in Jamaica and under varying circumstances, from cheering at a sponsored event for the children and youth of Negril, to doing business in Kingston and partying later in Ocho Rios.


With several hats to wear Issa, as a civic leader steering the St. Ann Chamber of Commerce has been heavily involved in maintaining the integrity of the island’s major-earning tourism sector, meeting with players at their homes, boardrooms, top restaurants and sports bars across the island in an effort to synchronize industry costs and level the playing field.

 

When he is not busy looking to enhance the attractiveness of the cruise ship port in the parish town of Ocho Rios, where his Cool Corporation in headquartered, Issa can be seen enjoying the beachfront of Margaretville, once in the company of franchise owner and musician Jimmy Buffet.

 

As a regular host of some of the world’s top luminaries, Issa has been in the company of prince and princesses, presidents and prime ministers, and superstars, feting them on land and sea, especially on board the luxury yacht M/Y Zein, on which the legendary American Actress Grace Kelly spent her honeymoon with Prince Rainier of Monaco under the watchful eye of the international press.  


Celebrities like Brian Adams was been made to support greening Jamaica by Issa when he took the superstar singer away from his busy studio recording schedule to plant a tree at the world famous Prospect Plantation, joining many celebrities like the legendary American film comic Charlie Chaplain and Sir Winston Churchill, who planted the huge mahogany tree at the entrance to the Great House in 1953.

 

But the cap Issa likes to where most is the philanthropic one; and what pleases him most, is not when Prince Charles’ cousin Lady Gabriella Windsor called him the consummate host while dining at a top restaurant on the north coast, or when he was praised in Kingston for averting a clash between the government and the island’s chambers of commerce.

 

What really keeps Issa out and about is when he gets a thank you like this one: “May God bless you as you continue the good work,” as a result of helping to organize a Fun Day and treat at the Jeffery Town Primary for 400 children and parents of Jeffery Town and its environs in Western St. Mary, which they will never forget. 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 13, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica