The Waters

The Waters

A Story by Alicia™
"

�Don�t you know she can�t swim?!� yelled the voice again.

"

 Your best friend, Ken, is on his back in the water, sprouting water from his mouth as he just floated in the swimming pool. You smile as you see his body reflecting the sun. Gosh, he was gorgeous. If only you could tell him how you felt…

 
“Hey! Come on!!” shouted one of your other friends, J k, who was running from behind you to do a cannonball into the water.
 
“I’ll pass,” you say, even as the sun burned your skin at 107°.
 
“Aww, why not? You never swim with us,” whines another friend, Loranne from the water.
 
You smile at her while knowing that you couldn’t swim to save you life.
 
Suddenly, you felt rough hands on your back, pushing you into the water. You scream, but your body is already submerged.
 
The water engulfs you, gravity pulling you down towards the 8’ mark of the pool base. The air in your lungs give out, and a gush of cold water enters your mouth in its place.
 
One by one, you begin saying goodbye to the pleasures in life. Your family, your friends, the wind blowing in your face… and Ken. His face appeared next, brighter and clearer than anyone elses’. He’s smiling, in your head. You hear his adorable giggle, and try your best to hang on to life. Your legs begin to kick the waters, but it’s too late; you’re already sinking.
 
You open your eyes, and kick harder, but it’s useless. When you’re just about ready to give up, you feel strong arms surround your body, and your bare back pressed against someone’s body. Air bubbles float around you, and you pray you’ll make it up in time.
 
A warm wind blows at your head when you escape from the terror of the bottom of the waters. You gasp for air when your mouth reaches the surface.
 
The person who saved you – the person to whom you owed your life to – continues to haul you back to dry ground.
 
“Dude! What’d you do that for? You nearly killed her!” the voice behind you yelled at someone. The water had blurred your vision, forcing you to close your eyes shut.
 
“Don’t you know she can’t swim?!” yelled the voice again. This time, you recognize it as Ken. Ken… He was the one who had saved you? This just made your heart long for him even more.
 
“How would I know she can’t swim?! She never said anything,” Luke yelled back. Figures he pushed you in.
 
Ken pulls you up onto the tiled floor, making everyone move away in the process.
 
“You ok?” he asks.
 
You open your mouth to answer, but cough up water instead of words. Ken pulls you to a sitting position, and thumps your back.
 
“Ye-yeah, I’m o-ok,” you say, finally managing to speak.
 
You tilt your head up, and you’re met with Ken’s beautiful blue eyes, which glistens in the sunlight, and his face glows.
 
“Thank you.”

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
I wrote this a long time ago, and it's extremely unedited and definitely not my best work, but I figured I'd just post it here instead of letting it collect virtual dust.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Romantic story good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BARBIE AND KEN?
This story was sooooo romantic.
No CPR? :3

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™