A Foggy Intimacy

A Foggy Intimacy

A Poem by Siena - Silent Awakenings.

The engines continued, out and through.
The city's stood still, as the ignitions knew.

That all would be different, if one moment hadn't happened, but then again, does any one moment not ever happen?
 Postponed perhaps... Merely abolished, out ridden and cursed, wrecked and unworthy of somebody's load
 of a terrible road. 
Where the accident waited for that poor, merciful girl. 
She only put her foot down, to realise her mistake.
An overtake much severe as the noise hit her ear. 
Troubled birds gathered near, wishing the rain hadn't interfered.
 As the roads became slippery, dangerous and gone
was the car that she bought, over the bridge and splash went her train of thought, it echoed and warned any hope of interact. 

But the engines continued, 
out and through.
And the city erupted as the ambulances knew.

© 2012 Siena - Silent Awakenings.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very eloquent, poignant, and emphatic. I loved how you've composed this poem so it's overall message relates to the title outright. Great job. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very haunting and beautiful, Like a few frozen moments in time!! Beautifully written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so well written. Poignant, sad and haunting. It was a pleasure to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


so diffrent. I love it. Uniqueness is hard to find on here but your pieces have always shown me that. "But the egines continued" so forth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a fine poem, visual and well observed,with lots of good lines with an original syntax, I really like the line as the ignitions knew. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very interesting....i love it ...well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lyrical with a mystical quality to it. Very nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very intriguing. The story within a story touch is amazing. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting piece. It has a rhythm that is at once lyrical but also conveys chaos. One quibble: Pros-phoned? Do you perhaps mean postponed? Good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Where the accident waited for that poor, merciful girl.
She only put her foot down, to realise her mistake."
A very good story in the poem. Many visions create by strong statements. I like the ending. Left a mystery for the reader. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

492 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012

Author

Siena - Silent Awakenings.
Siena - Silent Awakenings.

United Kingdom



About
Siena / 25 / England I adore Writing. Please check out my contest winners, they are all so great: http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Show-me-the-determination.-/14590/ http://www.writersca.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Daffodil Daffodil

A Poem by KeelyJane