'Cause No One Survived

'Cause No One Survived

A Chapter by SilverInk
"

Carli's old besties arrive in L.A... what will happen when they see each other for the first time in months?

"
A paper crown 
And a heart made of glass 
A tattered gown 
And a kingdom of ash 
She walks alone 
She can never look back 
The story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea 
She'll make it out 
But she's never the same 

A  gentle breeze tickled Carli’s nose as she tugged relentlessly on her brown locks. She always tugged on her hair when she was stressed. It was July third, the day she had agreed to meet her old friends.

In the middle of the school year, Carli had moved from Atlanta, Georgia to the bustling city of Los Angeles. They had always talked about meeting each other in Sacramento, as that was where they all wanted to live. Their parents had even agreed to let them vacation there! Carli, Cyanne, and Cassy had been so excited.

Then, why was Carli so worried?

She and her friends had grown apart. Cyanne and Cassy were always busy, too busy for Carli. Now, They went to parties and had their own credit cards. The last time Carli had called, they had said they were at the mall and would call her back.

They never did.

Carli often missed the times they had so much in common. They used to spy on Cassy’s brother and stuff their faces with gummy worms. They’d giggle and cry and hug and everything was perfect. Yes, they were all different. Yes, Carli liked to read quietly and Cyanne played the flute and Cassy was a soccer player, but they all loved each other just the same.

The bus came to a rolling stop and Carli felt her heart beating faster than it ever had before. She looked for her friends amongst the large crowd of people leaving the bus.

Then, she saw them.

Cyanne’s jet black curls were now dyed a greenish-blue at the ends in a way that complemented her dark complexion. Cassy’s face was almost unrecognizable.

“Is that… makeup?” Carli whispered.

“Yeah! I, like, decided to wear it because my mom doesn’t let me. And she’s not here, so she’ll never even hear about it.” said Cassy.

Carli took a deep breath and said what she had planned. “Uh, I’ve also been doing stuff.” Can it, Carli! she said to herself. The phrase had sounded much better in her head.

“Like what?” Cassy asked.

“I, um, took up crafting.”

Cassy and Cyanne looked unimpressed.

Carli panicked. What was she going to say?

“Anywho, Cass and I are going to Spoon’s for lunch. Are you coming?” Cyanne proposed.

Carli agreed, and in awkward silence they made their way to Spoon’s.



Lunch was worse than Carli had expected.




© 2017 SilverInk


Author's Note

SilverInk
PLEASE REVIEW!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The writing is good with just enough to portray the uneasy meeting of friends drifting apart with time to develop each character... so far so good

Posted 6 Years Ago


SilverInk

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
I liked this first chapter but there could have been a bit more explanation showing throughout your writing .

Posted 6 Years Ago


SilverInk

6 Years Ago

Could you be more specific? What needed more explaining? I'd be happy to edit it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2017
Last Updated on December 6, 2017


Author

SilverInk
SilverInk

New York, NY



About
This account is no longer active. more..

Writing
My Guest My Guest

A Poem by SilverInk