The Color of My Soul

The Color of My Soul

A Poem by SilverTearRusted

Silent willows whisper as moonlight falls with quiet calm. Nature, I think to myself, must be the color of my soul. For in it, I am at peace. All I abhor leaves my tortured heart and a light erupts to emanate from the sky.
I am real... I am an entity of nature. I am the sun and the moon... the wind and the rain... the trees and every mountain. I have walked alone in silent isolation, believing that I am everything I desire to be. 
But then there is you... shining through the stainglass windows of my life, like art unto my embered soul.  Every moment irreplaceable and unrepeatable.  In these moments, you are the nature to which I belong... the calm in which I desire to stay lost... the air sustaining fire behind innocent eyes. You are everything and nothing in a sacred place where kindred souls will always remain, until the final breath of their final days.
I take solace in the understanding that you, like me, are also an entity of nature. A gift. The one I needed the most when I didn't even know I desired it. I can stay lost in these moments knowing there is no pain, no sadness... just a desire to please each other. 
When our time is over and we have said our last goodbyes, I will keep you in my heart across a thousand lives. For you have awakened my spirit, brought pleasure to lonely days, connected your soul to mine... and I am grateful. You are everything and nothing to my darkest and brightest days.

© 2014 SilverTearRusted


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on January 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2014

Author

SilverTearRusted
SilverTearRusted

TX



About
My writings are all moments in time at different stages of life and emotional states. Some people write for the love of writing, while others write out of necessity of being able to see an emotion.. more..

Writing