Fear of Reflection

Fear of Reflection

A Poem by Silver Higdon

I see you, your hard cold stare, you look so familiar, a girl I once knew.
Your whispering in my head, but I can't hear your words.
I sit here stairing back at you, wondering, how did you get where you are?
Reaching out to you but your always just out of reach, yet so close.
So close i can feel your heart pound like the percussion of a drum.
So close I can feel your breath on the back of my neck, like a cool breeze that makes your hair stand on end and sends chills down your back.
Your voice getting so loud like static on a TV.
Your face is my face, your heart is my heart, your breath is my breath.
A part of me lost but not forgotten trying to claw your way out from the deepest recesses of my fear.
I can hear you now telling me to let go, to embrace you and become one, but for now your still just a reflection of a girl I once knew, doomed to wander among the mist of my own fears.

© 2016 Silver Higdon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is well written! There are a few things that you may want to consider in terms of revision:
Add a little more detail about the "you" that is being referred to because that will add more depth to the poem! Great Job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really loved this poem!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016