Daily Lies

Daily Lies

A Story by SinTrustless
"

Each day we lie

"
Each day we tell a lie. Small lies, they can truly do no harm. We do not tell others these lies, they are only ours. We wake up and lie to ourselves. They do not feel like lies when we say them. Sadly, that too, is a lie. We look in the mirror and say, "Today will be a good day." Many times this is a lie, disguised as encouragement. We believe that bring positive about a situation will encourage positive energy. It is not true. Good thoughts, and encouraging lies slowly eat away at us. Our heart of hearts knows these are lies, the the lies are now a habit. Each day we look in the mirror and pretend we like what we see. Yet, we know the person staring back at us reflects our true emptiness. We all know this, it is why people do not like looking at other people's reflections. We are scared to see how truly empty everyone is. After years of lying to ourselves we can no longer distinguished the truth from the lies. And we begin to tell a new lie, that surely we do lie to ourselves. After all, why would we lie to ourselves? The reason is clear, but hidden in a lie. We lie to ourselves the same reason we lie to others. We do not want to hurt them. We do not want to be hurt, and thus... We lie. The lies, however, do not make us feel better. They simply mask all the pain. Yet, we've lied so long that we claim even the pain is a lie. This is because we pretend to to believe the biggest, most painful, and most repeated lie of all time.... We are happy.

© 2016 SinTrustless


Author's Note

SinTrustless
I was asked to write about my depression.
These were my thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This really hit me hard. While reading this I thought, "This is how being depressed feels." And then I reached your author's note and it broke my heart because that's exactly what it was about.
You did a wonderful job expressing how someone with depression sees the world. Nothing can help us, therefore, it must be lie.

I hope that you keep writing and that it helps you in any possible way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This really hit me hard. While reading this I thought, "This is how being depressed feels." And then I reached your author's note and it broke my heart because that's exactly what it was about.
You did a wonderful job expressing how someone with depression sees the world. Nothing can help us, therefore, it must be lie.

I hope that you keep writing and that it helps you in any possible way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2016
Last Updated on August 14, 2016
Tags: lie, depression, darkness, hatred, sadness

Author

SinTrustless
SinTrustless

About
Sharing a world I created long ago. The stories are organized here by the main character. --------------------- Purpura's story (Marked by pictures of hands)- Purpura, Main story (Finished) T.. more..

Writing
Purpura Purpura

A Book by SinTrustless


Ch2 - Kipsy Ch2 - Kipsy

A Chapter by SinTrustless