Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter
"

Pretty much everything goes to hell in a hand basket.

"
Warning: Contains violence, death threats, kidnap, rape, and pretty disturbing and triggering subjects.   Yeah, just a warning from now on, S**t really hits the fan within the next few chapters... so be prepared, but you are not prepared.

-Frey-


I debated killing the driver, but decided against it and hopped out of the cab and watched him drive off slowly.  I’d rather save my energy and anger for my real target, instead of some redneck trucker.  I headed down the dirt road, following it until I reached a old, beaten down house.


My mind flashed with memories as I looked at it.  The windows were broken and patched with wood in several areas, the white paint wore in most areas, and the whole porch loaded with junk.  Many old and new cars sat beside the house, most broken down and rusted.  It looked just like how I remembered it.


It made me feel dizzy and unsettled, like I had ants running around in my stomach.  I felt like I was being watched, and it made me shift back and forth for a few moments; a part of me even debating if I should go through with it.


I swallowed hard, forcing the fear back down as I gripped my blade in my fingers until my knuckles were white.  I walked up, slowly pushing open the creaky door and stepping inside carefully.  I looked around, careful where I stepped so I didn’t make too much sound.


It smelled awful, like rotten meat, trash, and spoiled food.


I headed towards the kitchen, where I saw a shadow move out of view.  I crept in, slow and sneaky like a ghost.  Then, I saw him, standing there over the sink with his back towards me.


He still looked the same.  Tall, strong built, with the same worn out jeans and black sleeveless top.  His beard had grown a bit, like he forgot to trim it in a few weeks, and his hair was starting to gray now as he had to be nearing his mid forties.


I swallowed again, and took a step forward.


“Frey…” I jumped at his voice, he didn’t even turn around. “Didn’t expect to see you again.  Got sick of your little joy ride?”


I didn’t move, didn’t speak.  I couldn’t do anything but raise my knife up.


“Or, are ya finally ‘ere to kill me?” He glanced over his shoulder, turning on his heel and facing me.  He slowly looked me up and down, “You look different, Frey.”


“Shut the f**k up.” I snapped.


His brows rose, “Excuse me?  The Frey I raised knew better than to talk to me that way…”


“I’m not that person anymore…” I stood taller, making another step forward.


He chuckled, “Sure…Sure… So why come to kill me now?  It’s been, what, three-four years?  I was starting to worry you’d never come back and I’d have to find some other kid to help me.”

I took another step, my heart pounding. “Why you stallin’?  Thinkin’ you can scare me?  I’m not a child anymore...”


“Mhmm… I can tell,” His grin grew wider, “All grown up, eh? Well, go on, brat - Try yer luck.” He patted his chest, egging me on.


I narrowed my eyes, confusion starting to settle in.  It was a trick. “I ain’t stupid, I know what you’re tryin’ to do.”


“How was life on the outside?  Ya settle down? Get yerself a wife and some kids? Nice business job? Hmm?” He laughed again, “Or, are you still living on the streets? Eating out of dumpsters and sleeping with rats under a bridge somewhere?”


“Shut your mouth.” I yelled, my blood was starting to boil and I took a couple more steps.


“You ain’t cut out for that world, Frey.  You can’t survive out there, that’s why you came back… You don’t belong out there with them, Frey… You’re a freak.”


I snapped, my rage blinding me for a moment and I ran forward, swiping wildly at him with my knife.  I slashed into his arms when he put them up for protection, that s**t eating grin still on his f****n’ face.  I slashed at him until blood covered his skin, and dripped onto the floor, splattered onto me… Then, suddenly, he reached forward and grabbed my wrist.  In one swift move, I went face first into the cabinet, my head smacking the corner violently.


I saw stars, and he pinned me there with my hands behind my back.  He pried the knife out of my hands, and leaned in close, breathing down my neck.  His arms were still bleeding all over as he held the knife to my face. “You, you stubborn piece of s**t, are going to f****n’ regret that.”  He dug the knife into my cheek, slicing through the skin.  I felt blood start sliding down my face, and I could taste it in the corner of my mouth.


“Nah, I’m gonna f****n’ kill you.” I hissed.


He grabbed my hair and threw me backwards.  I hit the floor and rolled a good couple feet before he kicked me in the stomach.  He pushed me onto my back with his boot, planting it on my chest.


I growled at him like an animal, clawing at his leg and trying to get him off me.


“Com’on, Frey, you had to know it’d end this way… But then again, you’ve always been a stupid one.” He smirked, and my whole world went black for a few seconds when he kicked me in the face.  


I rolled onto my hands and knees, spitting up blood and a tooth onto the already bloody floor.  He broke my nose and knocked out my tooth with that one kick.  I felt the split in my lip bleed down my chin and get in my mouth, mixed with the blood pouring from my nose.


He grabbed my hair, yanking me up to my knees. “All right, up, come on now.”  He started dragging me towards the basement door, and I clawed at his wrist, fighting with all my strength.  I yanked his arm down and bit into it as hard as I could, sinking my teeth through the skin and tissue and tasting his blood mix with mine.


He growled, turning around and socking me in the eye with such impact my head bounced off the floor.  


I won’t go down there.  I won’t do it.  Not again.  I won’t let him do that to me ever again!


He leaned down, his face red with anger and I headbutted him and spat in his face.  He fell on his a*s, wiping the spit and blood out of his eyes while he cursed loudly.  I grinned, beaming with pride.  It was a small victory, but it felt so damn good.


I round-house kicked him in the side of his head, and scrambled towards my knife about four yards away from me.  The floor was slippery with blood, and my head pounded and body ached.  I knew my face was covered with blood because it was starting to get in my eyes.


Suddenly, he grabbed me again, right when I was fingertips away from the knife, and yanked me up.  I went flying into the pantry, and brought it down with me.  I felt a piece of wood pierce through my arm and I screamed in pain as agony shot up my arm and into my brain.


I heard him yell in surprise, and looked up to see Rema behind him with a knife in his shoulder.  She looked small compared to him, and he batted her away like a fly and yanked the knife out.   Rema scrambled to her feet, her eyes fixed on him while he chuckled.


“And where did you come from, little lady?” He touched his shoulder, looking at the blood on his hand when he drew it back.


“Don’t touch her…” I groaned, trying to pull myself to sit up, but it just caused more pain.


She glanced at me, worry in her eyes as she slowly circled in a defensive stance.


The Man’s face twisted with sick interest. “You know that brat?” He pointed towards me, “This is getting damn interesting! Wow!” He threw his arms up, bending backwards to laugh. “She’s cute, Frey, I am damn impressed.”


I tried to get off the floor, “Shut up already…” I muttered.  “And you… What the f**k are you doing here? You crazy?”


“Me? What about you!?” She screamed, “I followed you, dumbass!  Are you suicidal or some s**t?”


“Probably…Or just stupid.” The Man laughed again, his voice shaking me to the bone.  Just the sound of it made my blood boil.


Rema flashed forward, grabbing a pair of hedge trimmers off the table as she went for him, she swung at him and he barely dodged, chuckling as he did.  He kept stepping backwards as she swiped the air, inches to hitting him.


“Yer a fast little girl, ha.”


I managed to get to my feet, and went up behind him, yanking him to the ground with a hard thud.  He grunted, then laughed again. “You brought back up!”


Rema stood above him with the trimmers, ready to stab.


“That isn’t very fair, Frey.” He suddenly kicked out her legs and she fell face first, just missing impaling herself with the clippers.  Her face hit the floor hard, and her chin busted from the impact.


“S**t.” I cussed, looking over for a split second to make sure she wasn’t stabbed in the fall… A second is all he needed.


He snapped up like second nature, grabbed the back of my head and slammed me down onto the floor.  He smashed my head again and again into the hardwood, until everything went black.



//



-Rema-


I woke up dazed and confused, my head full of cobwebs I couldn’t shake.  My head ached, throbbed in agony.  I could feel blood on my temple and dripping down my face.  I went to rub my eyes, but my hands wouldn’t move.  It was then I realized I was tied to a chair.


I looked around, forcing the fog to clear.   Frey was in a chair across from me, a table between us, he bound in the same way.  He looked like hell, his face smudged with dried blood, bruised, and an obviously broken nose.  He was glaring at me.


“Why the hell did you follow me?” He snapped.


“Idiot, why the hell did you come here?  He’s that man, isn’t he?”


“I was going to kill him!  You fucked it all up!”


“I fucked it up?  When I stepped in, he was beating you senseless and put you through a shelf, for f***s sake!” I yelled, “What are you thinking? He’s going to kill you!”


“No, he isn’t gonna kill me.” He laughed, bitterly, “He’s gonna do way f****n’ worse now because of you.”


“Because of me?  I tried to help you!”



“You two really bicker like a married couple.” The loud, rude voice made both of us jump and Frey cursed under his breath, inhaling deeply like he was preparing for something.


This tall, built man stepped to our right, he had dark hair and a beard, and looked like he was in his forties, maybe.  He had a sadistic smile on his face, and a hungry look in his eyes.  His energy was dark and just… evil.  It made my skin crawl…


“So, Frey, introduce her to me…”


“I ain’t tellin’ you s**t, and she ain’t neither…” Frey said, his voice blank and rough like usual.


He laughed, and it sent chills down my spine.  He looked over to me, “See, Sweetie, I just wanna know a few things about you… ‘case you up and hop away like a little rabbit… Where do you live? Got any family? Close friends? Workplace?”


“She ain’t tellin’ you s**t.” Frey repeated.


I jumped when the man turned and suddenly smacked Frey across the face with the back of his hand, “I wasn’t talkin’ to you, Frey.  It’s extremely rude to interupt people!” He barked, then he turned back to me, his voice sickening sweet again. “So, you wanna tell me about yourself, darlin’?”


I shook my head, my eyes wide with fear.


He stood, straightening his back. “Don’t make me mess up that pretty face, hun.  That’d be a damn shame.” He smiled brightly, his teeth yellow and rotten.


“Don’t you touch her, ya sick f**k.”


The Man groaned, rolling his eyes.  He clenched his fists, turning to sink them into Frey’s stomach over and over, using them with each word he spoke. “How. Many. Times. Do. I. Gonna say. Shut. Your. F*****g. Mouth.” He grabbed his hair, yanking his head back, “Learn yer damn place.” He punched him in the jaw, and Frey wheezed, spitting up blood onto the floor.


“F**k you.” Frey growled back.


He raised his fist.


“Stop, please… Don’t hurt him.” I whimpered, my voice shaking.  I was terrified.


This was what worried me about Frey.  He was a mouthy little prick sometimes who didn’t know when to be quiet.  He had a way about him that made him provoke people, like he was some kind of masochist and wanted to be hurt - or he was just too impulsive and stubborn that he didn’t realize or care he was going to get hurt for acting the way he did.  He did the same thing with Zekk, and he got shot for it.  You’d think he’d learn, but he never did.  It’s like he enjoyed being a loudmouth a*****e.


He glanced over his shoulder, looking at me with that grin. “Hmm… Interesting… and if I didn’t hurt him, what would you do for me?  Tell me what I wanna know?”


I swallowed.


“Don’t tell’em s**t.” Frey said, he looked me straight in the eye. “No matter what he f*****g does.  You tell him anything, I’ll f*****g never forgive you.”


I looked back and forth between Frey and The Man.  I didn’t want Frey to be hurt, but the look on his face was demanding me to let it happen.  I couldn’t just sit here and let him get hurt, especially since I was tied down and had no other way to stop it, but then again, Frey’s glare was shooting fiery arrows at me. My mind was broken, split… I didn’t know what to do.


The Man grabbed Frey’s hands, and cut the ropes from them.  He leaned down, eying me as he breathed down Frey’s neck.  I saw the uncomfortable look on his face as he turned away, and the man put his mouth to his ear, “You fight me, I’ll rape and kill her in front of you, understand?”


Frey nodded as hands trailed down his body.


“Good boy.”


“Please, don’t-” I started, but Frey cut me off.


“Rema, shut the f**k up… He’ll kill you and your whole family, friends, and co-workers if you tell him anything.”


I shut my mouth, eyes wide.  Would this man really kill my family and friends if I told him about me?  Was he really that obsessed?  The way Frey said it, I can tell he wasn’t being dramatic, like Frey knew this was true because he’d seen it happen.


“Well, her name’s Rema… That’s a start.” The man smirked, and he yanked Frey to his feet.  He pulled Frey’s bloodstained shirt off over his head, his eyes following his fingertips up and down his back. “Got a few more scars, I see…” He hummed thoughtfully. “Drop yer pants for me, ‘kay?”


My eyes widened, but Frey didn’t even wince at the request.  He just kept his eyes down and  jaw clenched as he followed The Man’s orders.  Then, I was forced to stare as Frey stood there, completely open to that sadist.


Eyes looked him over, every inch, and Frey refused to look up and just stood under the stare.  I could see the slightest shake in his body, right before The Man grabbed him by the back of the neck and forced him face down onto the table hard and rough.


“It’s been a while, Frey… And you really need to be taught some manners… Crazy what a few years can do to all that hard work…” He looked at him with a unnerving gaze, the way his eyes just trailed and lingered.


“Don’t do this…” I whispered, “I’ll tell you, just please…”


“Rema, shut up!” Frey screamed at me.


“Too late for that girly… And to be honest, I was going to f**k him senseless and beat the hell out of him anyway.” He looked at me, smiled and suddenly thrust forward.


A sound I can only describe as a scream escaped Frey, he muffled it half way through by sinking his teeth into his own arm.  The force The Man was using pushed him back and forth on the table, and his hands gripped his hips so tight his nails were drawing blood.


Frey hid his face behind his hair while The Man picked up the pace, he leaned down towards his ear. “You are f****n’ stupid for comin’ back here, but I guess you knew you needed someone to do this to you… It’s all you’re good for, right? This and killing people.” He laughed, making Frey jump.  “Shame you don’t know how to respect me… You’d make a great pet if you were actually good at listening.”


“I’d never respect you, goddamn psycho.” Frey mumbled into his arm, his face still hidden from view, but I could tell by the shaking in his shoulders that he was crying.


The Man punched him in the head, several times, “Watch your mouth!”


“Can you please just stop… Just let us go! We won’t tell anyone, We won’t come back ever again! Please, just stop it!” I screamed, but my pleas fell on deaf ears… My words just hanging in the air.  I pulled wildly on the ropes, but they wouldn’t budge… I was forced to just sit here and watch.


Frey dug his nails into the table, splinters getting under them as he tried to slow his breathing.   The bite marks on his arm were starting to bleed, deep rows of teeth embedded into the skin.  He was in pain… He was in a lot of pain.


“Please, just stop! You’re hurting him, don’t you see that?”


He just chuckled, that unnerving sound ringing in my ears. “I do, but I don’t really care.  The brat needs to learn.” How could he be so cold? “And you, girl, are starting to give me a headache. Sobbin’ over there like a baby.”


I didn’t even realize I was sobbing until he said it and I noticed my face was stained with tears and my breathing was coming out as gasps.


“You’re crying more than he is and I haven’t even touched ya.”


“Can’t you just stop?  Just let us go! We won’t bother you again or tell anyone, I promise!”


“yeah, yeah, everybody says that s**t… I don’t trust none of ya.”


“Rema,” Frey looked up from the table, and I could see the tears in his eyes. “Just shut up, close your eyes, and ignore it.  It’ll be over soon.”  He put his face back down, burying it in his arms.  Pain shot through my chest.



© 2017 Sinbulvinter


Author's Note

Sinbulvinter
(Multi-chapter story, so read previous first if you haven't - or you'll just think I'm a sadistic freak who writes torture porn... I'm not, I swear.)

Well... I feel extremely uncomfortable rereading this, and questioned my sanity afterwards... But, as promised, this story is meant to be a dark and fucked up one... So, that it is.. that it is...
So basically, Frey was planning to kill the man, but it went south pretty quick, then straight to hell when Rema stepped in (who followed him after he left like the little obsessed stalker she is). So, now they basically gotta deal with this fucked up fucker until either they kill him or he kills them...
And... Yeah, a warning, as Rema said, Frey's a mouthy bastard, and he's gonna get himself pretty fucked up for that - which is kinda what the point of this is, to kinda get him to shed the protective shield of asshole-ness and start being himself and opening up to Rema... But, because he's a stubborn guy, he's going to go through a lot of shit to get him there.

Yeah, feedback would be great... Comments make me happy..
Sorry if I upset anybody...
I'm not a sadistic freak, I swear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay this little tid-bit is nothing but how did she get a car? I just assumed she didnt have one since she always walked home from work and or got a ride from Zekk.. idk something I noticed. Also her dumbass should have just made up a lie to the man, said her name was something it isnt etc. Lol. Either way at least Frey had the balls to try and defeat this guy even if he failed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

Rema stole a car, basically. It isn't mentioned really expect for later when she mentions having kn.. read more
Kesha

6 Years Ago

Aha okay that makes sense than :) Yeah lmao smh
Well you really did went into the next level with this chapter of violence. I like how you give it your all as a write. Sometimes when I write these kind of topics I felt pain deep inside and unsure of whether to write it or not. But needs to be professional and let words come out. Be realistic. Spread the other art of the world and let the readers taste another flavor of cake. I love the chapter. So bold. I want to save Frey though lol.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

Yeah, I really go a bit overboard with violence, but I feel as though I shouldn't limit or censor my.. read more
Aloha, that was intensely violent, I didn't expect it to be so highly intense. Also a surprise with Rema joining the party.
This chapter read beautifully, I enjoyed the scenes, the dialogue only added to the entire chapter for me! Really fantastic writing. The man is something else, Frey looks so small in comparison,
and wonder what happened to him to make him this way. Best chapter so far. Izzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and reviewing. Sorry things got so intense. haha I'm glad you enjoyed the dialo.. read more
This chapter was more violent than the last ones. I had goosebumps reading it lol..

The starting scene where Frey contemplates about killing the driver was good enough. Cool that he didn't and his reasoning made sense too, to save his energy...

The Man makes Frey look almost a victim more than a killer. Frey is nothing as compared to him, I think..

Rema following Frey - I didn't expect that. But I guess you have a knack for surprising us readers in a good way lol but that was predictable enough that Frey won't get to kill the Man in this chapter...

Pretty horrific graphic details here btw, won't say I enjoyed it, but... it was what was needed to build the right amount of tension in this one....

The dialogues here were pretty good too!

Oh and I am still wondering why the Man is the way he is...


Posted 7 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Hahahah no I'm tough lol 😛😛
Not fucked up, I think you're crazy haha jk 😂😂😂
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

I hope you are. lol.
Yeah, yeah, just a bit crazy. A wee bit. XP
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Hahahah that's better lol 😉😂
The opening scene reminded me of one of those movies: A killer closes in on an abandoned house in a hundt for his victim. I could picture the blade hanging out of his hand as he closed in on the decrepid old house. Also regarding Freys state of mind - as he considered killer the truck driver: that was good to show as I was wondering whether he was going soft becuase of the long journey with the stanger - 'the monster' he plenty of time to build inside, so it was a wonder he kept it under control. But like say say, he saved his anger for 'the man' - Very good scene. Structually good. The ony thing I would recommend is to add something about the weather, just to give it a more dramatic effect.
The mans dialogue was really well done - Frey vs the old man, felt like a fucked up version of sueperman vs batman. I feel because of the way in which it was done, you enjoyed doing this part quite a lot BUT yet time consuming too. The action scene was really, really well put together and again I can see the thought process which went into it and have total respect for the amount of time it must have taken to put it all together. Rema turning up - Didn't see that coming. But isn't that the job of the storyteller - to bring in moments like this. Great surprising move.
This bit- “How. Many. Times. Do. I. Gonna say. Shut. Your. F*****g. Mouth.” - really well expressed and easy to understand and executed with style.
Your put across 'the man' in such a way that it made Frey look normal. The ferocity of him was so fearful, it made you wonder why Frey went back at all. But for Rema, what she saw must have been so damaging to her and an unrewindable experience I did begin to wonder if any of them would make it out alive. Also it had me thinking of why 'the man' was the way he was - what damaged him to be so sadistic, vile and cruel. But I guess some people are just like that. Even though Frey was the one who instigated the whole thing, I feel that Rema you just be quiet on times as he talking seemed to only make things worse and not better for Frey.
But nonetheless, this was a delicously dark chapter and I felt I was there in the moment, watching from above as the whole scene played out. From beginning to end it was a terrific read, some wont be abe to stomach it. But I do. I also thought that while Frey was being humiliated in front of Rema, why didn't Freys 'monster' resurface. Or was it because 'the man's' dominance over Frey made it cower in a corner of his mind. Or even - was it that is spoke to him silently and told him to bide his time and wait to strike back. It will be interesting to see how 'the monster' is awoken, or if Rema is able to intervene in someway and if she does, what type of dark path will it lead her down. But for now, the only monster in the room is 'the man'

Will I read on....try and stop me.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Exactly. Theres too many Good Guy movies where the good guy wins. Sometimes we need some movies an.. read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

It is very cliche now and gotten very very very very boring.
I am so glad to have met someon.. read more
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Yeah, it is very boring. I think that's why I like horror movies so much, it's more common for the .. read more
This chapter really shows how much Frey loves Rema! Its a pretty f**k up chapter but in a good way. Its like the man been waiting on Frey to come back. Where is the monster? I wonder if how they get away.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Yeah, Frey really does care about Rema, but he just acts like a Jerk to her to cover that up. XP
read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017
Tags: serial killers, murder, horror, thriller, psychological, hurt/comfort, dark themes, violence, rape, blood, death threats, kidnapping


Author

Sinbulvinter
Sinbulvinter

Ephrata, PA



About
I am a Twenty-Five year old Writer and Mother of a Two Year Old Daughter and pregnant with a little boy on the way! I am a shaman, too empathetic for my own good, and a Major Horror Junkie who is obs.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Ten Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter