Angel Bite. (Part 1)

Angel Bite. (Part 1)

A Chapter by jenn.
"

Ah, the chaos..

"

 

Cold, cold is what I feel as I lie here. As if Death is stroking my cheek in a silent embrace. Bitter, like the taste of crimson trickling down my throat, drowning. And everything shuts off, and the memory of pain falls away, it too, caved in by the cold. As if, it too, can taste the bitter liquid as it is drowned away.

 

I can see the light, but I am too numb to reach out and grab hold, to hoist myself away from whatever I lie in now. But my arms are weak and fingers frosted, and the sheen of death tightens its strangle hold on me. My breath, coming out harder and harder as if a pant, slows itself to the beat of my unsteady heart. And the pain I've so become accumstomed to explodes, but my mouth cannot form a scream fit for it. As I'm prepared to exhale my last shutter, my final gasp, I hear, no, I feel someone bend down and put their lips to my ear. I hear them whisper, as if desperate to keep my thoughts on them, Do not fly away, angel, ground your wings and find your legs.

 

* * *

 

The noise is slow and rhytmic, as if saying "Live, live, live," telling me my own heart did not, could not fail. I lie here in a hospital in Clearwater, Florida. Atleast this time I know where I lie. The boy, no, the man, that saved me walks in, compassion written on his face. He sits in the ugly brown chair next to my bed. The only chair.

 

"How do you feel?" he asks politely. I stare at the wall in front of me, afraid to meet the hazel eyes of a caring stranger. Unsettling, that is what he is. I can feel his eyes boring into my skull, and the seconds that pass seem slow. Much to slow.

 

I can hear him shift in his chair. I do not know if it is from being uncomfortable, or to fill the dreaded silence. He clears his throat.

"It was rude, not to introduce myself." He laid his hand in front of me, open palmed. I could see little jagged scars trace the otherwise flawless skin. "Kayle. Kayle Ruthers. Please to meet you Miss.."

 

The opened ended question left me stumbled, enough to make me search for my name and use my voice. "Jaci. Jaci Falloes." He looked at me with knowing eyes. His hair fell into his eyes, a beautiful mixture of brown and dark blonde, his figure perfection in this dull room.

 

"Jaci." He said in a calm voice, polite if not a little husky. He grabbed my hand with his own and brushed a white-blonde strand of hair from my face, revealing two of the oddest eyes. One emerald green, the other deep ocean blue. "Lovely name." The nurse, at this point thinking we were two loved starved teens, barged in the room and told Kayle in a sugar coated voice, to get out.

 

When would my savior come back?

 

* * *

 

Day by day I lay in that bed, tossed into narcotic sleep that left me no place to dream. And dreams, atleast for now, were my only escape from the pain that encased my body. I do not know if Kayle came back in the days where I was gone, but I could surely hear voices outside my door.

 

"Shot," they say, as if to point out the obvious to a thick-headed person. "Three times, in the back." But I suppose, to some, details matter.

 

I lay restless after periods of time, tracing over my cheek where his fingers brushed away a strand of hair. I wondered desperatly why I couldn't keep my mind off of him, the stranger that left me terribly puzzled. I knew when I got out of here, I'd find him.

 

One way or another.

 

* * *

 

"Jaci! Jaci, I'm so glad you're home!" my mother shouted as I walked in the doorway. She barraged me with hugs and told me how much she missed me, how worried she was. I told her I was simply to tired to talk about anything, and went up to my room to lay down.

 

And on my bed lay petals of blue flowers unknown to me, and petals of beautiful peace roses. They were scattered all about and in the middle of the petals laid a beautiful yellow card, with intricate designs in purple.

 

"Dear Jaci," It began, and my heart hammered in my chest.

  "Though you may not know who this is or why I am writing, I want you to know that no matter what, no matter where, and no matter why, I am here to hold you in your weakness and here to dance as you smile.

Whether you see me or not, Jaci, just know that I am here, by your side. Forever."

 

There was no signature, no hint of who this was from or how it got here. I lay in the puddle of flowers spun on my bed and inhale the deep, fragrant scent they cast off and stare at my ceiling, wondering how this could happen. The ceiling began to fade into blurs of colors and my eyes became heavy with much needed sleep. And for once, I could feel myself begin to dream.

 

-End of part 1.-



© 2010 jenn.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GASM

Posted 13 Years Ago


Jen. I envy your writing skills. & ily(:

Posted 14 Years Ago


hi it's Mary, really liked it great descriptions and imagery, so awesome!!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

jenn.
jenn.

About
hello ♥ my name is jenna. i am 15. and that's all you need to know =] more..

Writing