The Rising..

The Rising..

A Poem by Sindu

A tomb of flowers
Cacophony of lovers
Named peace and sane
Their forms slowly wane
As the darkness clouds
Unleashing the hounds.. 

© 2015 Sindu


Author's Note

Sindu
Ignore the third line and it takes a whole new meaning! A cousin asked me, 'Is this a satire of sort?'
I wanted the third line to be a shout out after I had put down the first two, which created a very different picture than intended. Other than the usual form of rise of evil against good, I would love to know what other interpretations you can think of!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What's stated is pretty true! Evil rises against the good, good never rises against evil. It is tolerant to it. It lets evil be. On the other hand evil is envious and can't stand the cool vibes of good and hence wants to end it. This was pretty thought provoking. I am myself a lover of short poetry for the same reason that it is open for a lot of interpretations. Loved it. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks for such a cool review Pratyush!! Enjoyed it. It's one of those days when few words worked ou.. read more
Parimal Pratyush

9 Years Ago

Haha! Yes. I just published a short poem, too. Maybe you can check it out.(self-advertisement) ;)
Sindu

9 Years Ago

Sure.. Hey! Best kind haha ;)
This one has a deep undertone to it and certainly adds a layer with the third line.
I could only think of 'loss' and 'alienation' to suitably fit to the lines as another interpretation.
Clever write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks buddy! Ahh.. Those two are new. I like that interpretation. Makes it paint in different strok.. read more
I pictured darkness and evil rising. Shadows taking over the world, as an evil and forlorn night stripped away the beauty of daytime. It's amazing what reading words on a screen (or page) can bring to life in your imagination!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks Haley! I like what you see... Day stripped away into darkness. Yep! Words are ridiculous like.. read more
Good imagery you were able to create with your fine words Sindu. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Avinash!
I first had vague picture in my head of lovers, hound and moon. I tried to connect all of them. The tomb of flowers were more like a children in a grave and at some distance, the lovers fought loud. Maybe, it was their loss. Or, tomb of flowers because lovers fought. The flowers were wilted and dead. Named peace and sane, were more like orbits slowly disappearing and appearing with the shift of darkness. The hounds were circling around the house, they were hungry...


Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Oh my! Now that's a picture to look at! Brilliant Mayank, that you can see a while new picture in th.. read more
A kind of retelling of Pandora's box

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Oh that's interesting! Definitely I can see the image.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

:) :)
feels like the rise of a dark force coming to take peace away from the world, at least its what i see :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Yep Richard! We will get our pens ready :)
evil is never dead,
it hides,
to rise,
yet again;
after good, is obsolete.........

loved it!!!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

True, indeed! Great review, Thank you :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
I can see: decay in the first verse, discordance in the second one, (ignoring the third one:) as evil goes out to get them. Great imagery!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Exactly!! That's what I envisioned when I wrote it :) Thanks a lot.
Few words, with much said!
I took it as the two incredibly different phases of life, good
& bad, or even good-vs-evil! I really enjoyed this piece, thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks James. Oh life! It can never stay at one place :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

Sindu
Sindu

India



About
A silent observer, goof, crazy, imagination overload. Writing is essentially putting a part of me on to a paper. All of it. Ugly, sad, dark. Happy, cheeky, beautiful. All of those words I deeme.. more..

Writing
Anamoly Anamoly

A Poem by Sindu



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..