Hopeless Romantic

Hopeless Romantic

A Poem by sinNsincerity

Hopeless Romantic

My skin sweats,

Bruises,

And bleeds.

My heart does two of these.

It also sings about my happiness,

Aches,

And agonies.

Why?

Because the pretentious watchers

Don’t know the real me.

A picture can capture a smile,

But it can’t view all of the pain

You been holding in longer than a while.

The hole on my sweater

Represents the emptiness inside of my chest,

So get inside of me.

Open heart surgery!

She had restored me with open arms and ears,

Her kindness had vanished all of my previous

Tears and fears.

She was there for me in the past,

But no longer remains

For the wonder years.

Is it too late?

When I met you I was blue,

I just really wish that

I had built up the courage to say:

I love you!

She has found another,

I couldn’t change her

And she couldn’t do the same for me.

Sometimes we have to save ourselves.

Where is she now?

Under the radar,

She lives with stealth.

© 2015 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

tragic ..emotive as can be for me ..my memories of being in love, afraid to say so and in the end it just not meant to be and she is lost ..oh how i remember ...and that pain of loss and sadness stays around a long time ...opeining lines are very strong ..i am captured and held in them ..your turn to "others" who don't look to see the real person adds another dimension ...unexpected by me ..but it makes for a baluster for the theme ..interesting closing ..she lives in stealth ..in hiding ..in secret ...much more than simply out of ones life ...nice read for me ..
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

6 Years Ago

I'm really stoked that old memories and emotions resurfaced when you read it. That means that I did .. read more



Reviews

"Where is she now?/ under the radar/ she lives with stealth," those words really slams this piece home!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

6 Years Ago

Thank you Travis, I'm glad you enjoyed that.
Wow, I really loved this! It was catchy and pleasant to read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love can be tricky and a mess. Enjoyed reading it...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ah the aching in our souls, to be hopelessly hopeless and still long for that warmth, that dependability. Im not sure if the longing comes from the need to be abandoned or a desire to be eternally possessed by another the way we hold those we feel we need by writing about them endlessly. Either way it makes for a great muse to be written about.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very good and it is not a bad things to be a hopeless romantic. Brightest blessing. Karissa

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was another beautiful piece, the sense of urgency and nostalgia really makes it something unique. My only suggestion would be to remove the final two lines and leave it at the rhetorical question: "Where is she now?" As this feels like more of an ending line than the following lines.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
I like how you wrote that we have to save ourselves. Sometimes it's ignored and the pain just get deeper, sometimes its better to cut ties now so they don't strangle you later.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh, that is absolutely gut-wrenching. So identifiable. So real.

"She has found another,
I couldn’t change her
And she couldn’t do the same for me.
Sometimes we have to save ourselves. "

This just worked my heart over and over. It's almost whimsical in that sad, tragic Grimm's Fairy Tale sort of way. It's the sound the happy, smiling picture makes after you close the album is closed and you an no longer see it cry.

You present the perfect dichotomy of those who have lost love. Healing in the public eye, right on time, just as expected, nothing to see here.... and the truth below, visible only through a hole in a sweater.

This is one of my favorites. This one really got to me. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love is what it is. If it ran smoothly all the time, we would all jump on the bus. Some people touch us for a time. Some we let under the radar. Some just fly straight under. Would we change it, probably not.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

6 Years Ago

Yea, probably not indeed, but it would totally be interesting to revisit some hehe
This piece is like a picture into the heart like you explained. You explain a hole in the heart with passion. Hanging on to a past love makes all things look dim. This piece magnifies that.
Is she happy? The reader hopes so for the sake of both parties.
My heart aches for the loss and the desperation to fill this empty hole. You capture emotion well with your pen.
I especially liked the verse:
Sometimes we have to save ourselves.
This stood out to me as wise words to the reader. And brought to mind the saying no one can save a drowning man until he quits saving himself. To explain I related this in the way that when we are in so much pain we flail around searching for something to save or float us in the process we destroy anyone who comes close killing them to save ourselves.
If we just remember we can float then and only then can we allow someone to help us out of the raging sea.
Love where your poetry takes me! Thanks for sharing!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Tabby, I always love hearing from you and I'm more than glad you got so much out o.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

735 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chosen Chosen

A Poem by sinNsincerity


Bacon Bacon

A Poem by sinNsincerity