Mental Tattoos

Mental Tattoos

A Poem by sinNsincerity

I woke up, 

but I didn’t see you ‘till I day dreamed.

So I went to bed to only find out that you have left me.

Good grief, 

but I won’t find anyone grieving for me.

What a loss, 

but the time well spent was well worth the cost.

I would love to say that you are the one I have forgotten, 

but truly you are the reason for believing my heart will remain rotten.

My soul still remains white as cotton, 

but that won’t stop the picking of my thoughts which are plotting.

I think way too much and that’s my cancer.

Why such?

Such not that I’m needing answers, 

but just a moment of her time just so that I can be familiar with her unknown.

There’s no use for a clone because she is way too real.

And if we must remain separate, 

I’ll go ahead and assume that it was too soon while I enjoy this Blue Moon.

I need some space from me because all I can think of is her face and the grab of her waist.

I find myself writing about her even though she told me not to waste my imagination on her, 

but it’s hard not to when all that remains are mental tattoos.

© 2015 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This left me breathless. I absolutely love your turn of phrase and your word choice is impeccable. I literally had gooseflesh by the time I read your final line. It shot straight through me.

"...when all that remains are mental tattoos."

I am so fascinated by this offering - the permanency on our hearts and souls of the imprint of someone else. Laser removal doesn't quite measure up in the matters of heart and love. I adore the manner in which you captured that. A passing train of thought ending at bone chilling station of realization and acceptance.

So, so well done. You truly are a master of expression.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is awesome!! So clever and deep! I love the title! Well described mind and thoughts with perfect flow! Love the word use of cancer demonstrates beautifully how uncontrollable these thoughts are! This pieces grabbed my attention and held tight through the end! Well written, and powerful write! I loved it!!
Tabby

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sooo creative! I love the imagery! This was very strongly structured. Well done! Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Heartbreak written so beautifully...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Absolutely love this poem!!! It is real, with the little interjections of sarcasm. i like your flippancy in relating something that is tragic, but you want to appear uncaring. Good job!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
The title fit well and I love the first few lines the most.

I woke up,
but I didn’t see you ‘till I day dreamed.
So I went to bed to only find out that you have left me....

GOLD!

Posted 7 Years Ago


nice. i liked it. thanks for sharing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mental tattoo....wow, this is powerfully emotive and incredibly written.
Love it! Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ah, yes! Now this is quite the catch. The mental imagery with slight ambiguity leaves the reader anticipating but also, melancholy while experiencing heartbreak through your eyes. A wonderful read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow...mental tattoos. That is super clever, my friend! Lingering mentally and emotionally, causing us to ever be pained or to ever hope. Whichever path we choose.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Maybe both...
Thank you Nadia!
Browsing my news feed i came across this piece. Such a beautiful read might i say. I have a theory that the people who choose to break are hearts and leave us dangling to a fish hook are the very people who can really only inspire us as writers. Heartbreak is not a fun experience, but if i had it my way i would say keep'm coming!! And fill every journal i could get my hands on. Seriously. If this is true her loss your gain!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

You are so right on many levels, most of my poetry is birth from pain, but I have been learning to t.. read more
Korin

8 Years Ago

Sure thing. Send me some read requests :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

898 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..