My Cent-Say

My Cent-Say

A Poem by sinNsincerity

Let's not tell it all tonight hon...

Let's save some.

We have to make this last as long as we can.

It won't last forever.

Things break easily now.

Everything is made in China.

True love is only a spark-

A white dwarf to supernova

A bee sting

A kite breaking free

It won't last forever hon,

So let's make THIS last.

Atlas

I lay your love on my back

Heart artifacts

Giving the

Future and Ancients

Heart attacks

Because they are not here.

Resting the deepness

Of secrets in the

Far end of the west

Here is where I hold you up

My Phoebe

My Lunar

My Third Eye






© 2016 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the beginning- let's not tell all, make it last, as well as love laid on your back, and the expressions of love being like a spark- great visual images to communicate that. Got a little lost with the phrasing about giving the ancients heart attacks because they are not here. But back with you in the secrets, the west, holding you up . . . The simplicity of the first part - something I relate to in saving something for later- was the part that drew me in and helped me know your intent. When you move to the ancients I feel far away from you. Perhaps that is what it is like- closer-farther-closer - in those early days of discovery. Thanks for a thought-provoking read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Sorry about that confusion. The love I'm describing between me and a once loved one is so great that.. read more
Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Ah, yes, I did feel it was intentional- the shift that made me stop and think- and the idea that the.. read more



Reviews

I love the simplicity of this piece, and there's beautiful lines as well! I feel like in the latter half, it seems to lose it's way a little bit, so I'd have another look over it and make sure that it flows in the same way as the rest of it, but that's just a minor thing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


sinNsincerity,
This ended up being two writes for me. I was totally engrossed in" trying to make love last" and then I was in the middle of a machine gun rap. Both are well penned and could stand alone.
I know you like to shift gears, but sometimes for me the transfer throws me. I do enjoy reading your work.
Peace,
Richie b.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a wonderful piece of writing
Things break easily now.
Everything is made in China
my favorite line... I feel that hesitation in exposing your feelings, but the passion can't be restrained :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


I absolutely am in love with the flow and beat of this piece. As if every line complimented its preceding one and the next. Beautiful piece overall :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


"Let's not tell it all tonight hon...
Let's save some." - makes me think of a bedtime story of sorts. I like the tone in the opening.

"We have to make this last as long as we can.
It won't last forever." - here, I like what you're saying, but felt that you could shorten it a little or find a different way to say it so you aren't repeating 'last' so often. It becomes detrimental to the fluency of the piece when reading it aloud.

"Things break easily now.
Everything is made in China." - I thought these lines were fantastic. So very true.

"True love is only a spark-
A white dwarf to supernova
A bee sting
A kite breaking free
It won't last forever hon,
So let's make THIS last." - I like the comparisons you make here, it didn't feel cliche at all, and read very nicely.

"Atlas
I lay your love on my back
Heart artifacts
Giving the
Future and Ancients
Heart attacks" - This reads really well, your word choice rolls easily off the tongue.

"Because they are not here.
Resting the deepness
Of secrets in the
Far end of the west" - The way you sway from one idea to the next really drives me into this piece. Keeps me reading and wondering where we're going next. Well done.

"Here is where I hold you up
My Phoebe
My Lunar
My Third Eye" - Way to avoid the cliche's that often come with writing poems about love and relationships. I found this piece to be very - almost logical. Very level headed but still very whimsical in the way you've described things.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this, the only thing that I would ask if whether capitalizing each line was intentional. Making each line a new sentence, I think, takes away from your fluency. I would urge you to really spend some time thinking about how you want the reader to interpret or read this piece. How you want the sentence structure to flow.






Posted 7 Years Ago


sadly so true, some moments are so fleeting no matter how much you wish to hold on to it.... well done, good job :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Spot on with never buy Chinese tools. To late now, the house has gone. Love i suppose can be many things. If only life just didn't get in the way of it. It might last longer.

Posted 7 Years Ago


nice. well written. veyr true, things never last. i liked it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


The made in China logic is so good. We find ways to put the blame on something when things don't work our way lol
This was hilarious to read. Good write :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


you are well traveled in your words, this was written like a king!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Thank you Mercy, I appreciate that.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1022 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2016
Last Updated on April 22, 2016

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Woman A Woman

A Poem by Saumya


Sirius Sirius

A Poem by Giulia King