A Typical old lady's apartment (Potato Bites)

A Typical old lady's apartment (Potato Bites)

A Story by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

I'm going to be releasing a few small chunks of poetry or stories every so often from now on called Potato Bites. I'll keep working on larger works, because I enjoy writing them but shorter stuff too.

"

It was a typical old ladies apartment, it smelt of soft homemade butter tarts, and of lavender perfume. Books lined the floors, old tomes of somewhere between two thousand to twenty-five hundred of them were messily discarded on the soft red and blue rug. The air was hot, the A/C certainly wasn’t really working in the summer heat, but the books didn’t smell due to the recently baked sweets. The cat Rache was purring, his black and white tail wiping about in the air, meowing to be pet. The sun came in through the window, it was hot outside too. Margret was out on the balcony, watering her tulips and singing in the humid breeze. She had the most beautiful dress, creased blue cotton, simple. But the smile on her face was caring, in a stubborn old woman kind of way. She was well built, beautiful for a 70-year-old woman, but strong. 

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the descriptive tone of the story, it was consistent.

Posted 6 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 3, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: typical, old, lady

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing