End of the Line

End of the Line

A Story by Siobhan MacIntyre

This is the end of the line on WritersCafe for me.  This train lets out into an empty station.

 

After months of waiting to see some desperately needed changes in this once-wonderful venue, I've moved on to more mature places which are actually aimed at the craft of writing--not the crass act of grafitti-ing everything with the word vomit of immature, unschooled, hedonistic, and sometimes perverted minds.

 

I'm serious about the craft of writing--it is not a hobby. It's not just something I do in my spare time. I hone my talent and sharpen my edge and strive toward developing my writing voice, and I cannot stand the lackadaisical attitudes of many of the "writers" on this site who treat grammar carelessly, even derisively; who churn out tripe for their friends to fawn over. It's an insult to the writing profession, and an insult to what this site used to mean.

 

For those who are serious about this craft, you can find me on Twitter under my real name, or you can e-mail me. From there we can have dialogue.

 

So long and thanks for all the support.

© 2009 Siobhan MacIntyre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know it's a sad state of affairs when one of the most staunch supporters of this site has said enough is enough. Chuckie, I hope you and the rest of the immature little pukes here are happy, getting rid of the serious and talented writers, leaving the emos, cyber punks and the wanna be hacks to drive this site further into the toilet further than it already has gone - if that was possible.

I was hoping for change but, I guess not - oh well


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Is there a site where people submit actual stories...with character development, plot, etc and other like minded people read them and offer actual constructive criticism?

Posted 8 Years Ago


I hear you. I get fed up with this site over the very same things, but a handful of quality friends keep me hanging on. In fact, there has been a recent influx of great folks that give me even more hope. I'm almost 65, write STORIES that mostly take place long ago, so you can imagine how many shun me. I'd like to find another home, and have tried, but never found anything I really liked.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hahahaha! Can I say AMEN...AMEN! Can I post this on my status...I've whittled down my friends list until it is below fifty...but most of them are no longer here and at least one I know is dead.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I joined almost a year ago (just after last christmas), and reading all of you incredible writers saying that it's not nearly as great as it used to be makes me wish I could have been a few years ago. I don't have time to develop my writing very well, and don't think I'm much good, but I like being on here and sharing my writing with others, as well as reading other writing. I give and take the reviews with a grain of salt, but I've still been dragged into this world of sugercoating. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Siobhan MacIntyre

11 Years Ago

Lina, I'm very saddened that you have missed what some of us had the good fortune to receive: in dep.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Best of luck to you as well, wherever you end up. I suppose all great things must come to.. read more
Siobhan MacIntyre

11 Years Ago

I'm actually out on me own, independently published, garnering feedback on my work through a team of.. read more
Hmmm, it is sad. But good luck finding what you seek.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I just recently returned to the cafe. I was here three years ago when it was an amazing place to get feedback and just share your work. After we had a massive crash and a lot of us lost our postings, I kind of got discouraged with things and how it was changing and left. I can't say how it is now, not yet anyway, but I thought i would give it another try.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can appreciate much of what McIntyre says. Where are the serious writers on Cafe? So much vanity here and misguided ego-strokes. Come on. Writing is a tough gig. I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with each read.

Calling all serious writers!

~~~
“Easy reading is damn hard writing.” - Nathaniel Hawthorne

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting. Good luck in your new home. I sincerely hope you find a good fit.

~True

Posted 13 Years Ago


I do hope you find what you're looking for... and that the doors open for you and your writing... Our days aren't meant to be wasted... Take care in your journey...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Everything you have said is true. But i still like this site. You should stay.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1088 Views
17 Reviews
Added on August 9, 2009
Last Updated on August 9, 2009

Author

Siobhan MacIntyre
Siobhan MacIntyre

Pacific Northwest



About
If I live in a dream world, it is only because the words call me, and I am powerless to resist. --Me You can find me out in the "real world" under my real name (Sharon Gerlach). .. more..

Writing