Crushing Fate

Crushing Fate

A Story by Carl
"

Romantic encountered foiled by reality

"

The Fate Of A Crush

 

I have a crush…

 

A girl I met for one night, in the most spectacular of settings. It was a wedding of course. Possessed by the music and the atmosphere, we drew close and clung to each other’s sides. We danced for hours stealing the night away. Teasing each other with our faces, we drew closer at each pass, till alas, our lips reached out, and pressed softly against each other. We later sat by the water side talking into the early morning as dolphins circled the shoreline and gently blew air…

 

fate is a funny thing…

 

She seems like a romantic, she’s not about the practical. I know that feeling. The hope, the wonder, the possibilities…

 

It makes me so nostalgic…

 

The thing about weddings are they only last one night… And our time under the heavens lasted just that, one night…

 

But I can’t get over it, that moment. As we were spinning around and the lights began to blur making her smile shine and her eyes glisten. My hands were around her waist and the music faded out like some sort of crazy dream sequence. Time stood still for just a moment and our lips clasped. The music picked up and we smiled.

 

Nostalgia, this feeling of desire! Damn it all! I sit here alone in my room and fear. Fear for the worse, and best, fear of failure, and success.

 

The night ends, and we kissed one last time goodnight… What a night.

 

Morning comes, and we awkwardly say a few words, but, agree to text. It’s non-committal and easy I think. Nothing will come of this, we live ages away. Yet, every word I type to her lacks any form of known human communication. It’s quite like banging your head against the wall to fix a migraine, it utterly and completely makes no sense.

 

My soul aches thinking on it.

 

I used to be a dreamer. I used to love a girl and thought because of the circumstances the stars would align for me. I used to think that there is a perfect person out there for me. But I don’t anymore…

 

You see the thing about fate is it doesn’t give a damn about what you think. So, it’s time to sober up from my fantasy and return to reality…

© 2018 Carl


Author's Note

Carl
After writing this rational I was able to communicate in a humanly manor. Wish me luck.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on March 20, 2018
Last Updated on March 20, 2018
Tags: Love, Fate, Reality, Crush, What are the odds, heavens