Sleep

Sleep

A Story by Brandon Wilson
"

A girl comes home and is plagued by dreams

"

                She drew her coat tight around her shoulders against the wind and the pouring rain. the closer she got to her door the faster her pace became, That little feeling you get, like there is something behind you and if you can just get to your door before it gets to you you’ll be fine. She fumbled with her keys, slick in the rain, jamming the key into the lock and twisting, the tumblers clicking into place. She closed the door pushing up against it with her back as if to hold back the night. She laughed at herself for the feeling of fear, a silly childish fear.

                Dropping her bag on the floor she threw her coat, still dripping form the rain, onto the rack by the door, kicking her shoes into the closet and falling into the nearby chair. She was exhausted, it had been a long week and she had been pulling a double shift at work. All she wanted was to fall into bed and sleep. Reluctantly she got up and slowly made her way to her room, ignoring the light switch and the fact that she was still in her cloths, falling onto her bed and drifting off almost immediately, into the realm of sleep.

                But she did not sleep well, she found herself again, walking in the rain towards her door the same feeling creeping up inside of her. But she did not reach the door this time a firm hand clasped over her mouth and she jolted awake. She breathed a sigh of relief that it had been a dream, running her hands through her hair and letting out another deep breath. She threw her legs over the bed and stood; a hand grasped her ankle and pulled, she hit the floor and was dragged under the bed. But again she jolted upright in bed, sitting up straight and then falling back onto her pillow, her heart racing in her chest. But it was ok she was awake in her room, the light still on as she had left it. Then she heard a voice “Sleep well?” and then the light flicked off.   

© 2013 Brandon Wilson


Author's Note

Brandon Wilson
This is my first stab at a scary story, not sure of the quality of this but would be grateful for some feed back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story!!!!! I like your other stories too, but I like this one best.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brandon Wilson

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feed back
I liked that. I thought it was cool how you managed to create a scary story in so few words.

well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brandon Wilson

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feed back

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 13, 2013
Tags: Sleep, Scary

Author

Brandon Wilson
Brandon Wilson

Asheville , NC



About
I just recently began venturing into the world of writing and would like to develop my ability's and create content I can share and be proud of. I enjoy juggling and being outdoors. more..

Writing