"Word of The Wise"

"Word of The Wise"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

I wrote this when in the hospital after breaking my hand due to punching a wall three time after facing rejection in my junior year of high school... I wrote this and "Undying Desire" there.

"
They say no news's is good news but I don't see it as the inherent truth.

I need a answer soon or I am going to lose more than my mind.

Was the time right?

I can't tell what it exactly is that she thinks and it gets to me makes me feel like I'm beneath her in social standing.

My aggressive nature is reborn, smash my fist into the wall as I scrape and claw, till the sudden surge of adrenalin stops and the pain is too much for my distressed self to take.

Knuckles bleed, skin falls and bone shows but I just don't care as I need to feel something, anything!

Other than that sadness enveloping me it is almost damn near suffocating!

I can't breathe!

I tried to read beyond what is given but it turns out I was only looking with one eye as my other was blind due to her light.

I fall it's black and the sad me is back, ever so more apparent just relentless and undying to my desire and the clinging envy.

Oh if only she would see the brooding monster she made me become to be.

If only she came to know how much this had meant!

The romantic I am I believe in true love the two words their self is a bitterly sweet serenity.

No news's is bad news I say, why I even pray that this day will come to meet a happy ending.

As the beginning was a disheartening start and the middle was a meddlesome mess.

For me the climax is only bolstering my already known anxiety I can't stand this monotonous insanity.

I need a resolution or better yet a real solution, If she say's no I don't know how I'll be able to man this one man show.

Nor do I know what other harm I will do... I already broke my hand.

Me and her at the crossroads in our little story, I am just afraid and scared out my mind that it will impasse and I won't be able to pass.

To instead stay where I already stand on the asphalt of a one way road and now a hollow broken dream.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
So What did ya think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the ending. Especially the line "No news's is bad news -----" ...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Yeah I am and it would be real petty of me if I wasn't considering it's now been three years since t.. read more
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

I mean the scar is still there per say but the wounds healed long ago.
Shasha

7 Years Ago

That's nice that it healed...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 4, 2017
Tags: Unrequited, Love, My Past, Rejection, Realization, Greif

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing