I really wouldn't mind....

I really wouldn't mind....

A Poem by Dreamer

I really wouldn't mind....

if my breath would slow down to a halt,

my heart to stop beating completely,

for my depression to not see another day,

to sleep forever in a coffin...

cause at least I'd finally be at peace.

 

No, I truly wouldn't mind...if I lied down for one last time and didn't wake up.

I would love to take a final breath and DIE.

© 2013 Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've been there, every time something bad happens I go back to those gloomy thoughts. I'd rather figure out a way to change my thinking and become more able to handle things but it takes time. I agree with dw817 though.

I had a good friend that committed suicide last year. It leaves quite a mess for family members not to mention the horrible feelings of grief, dread and depression that's past on to them. Hope you feel better soon.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thank you very much for your comments...
Relic

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Honestly, this describes me so very well, though I know that is a bad thing... But at the same time, I don't want people to die... So much conflicting emotions...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

I'm sorry that describes you like it does me. It is indeed a terrible feeling.
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Yes, yes it is. Very much so. :/
no, no, no... no review because you already know.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quiet Child

10 Years Ago

hmm, think and you'll figure it out. lol.
Dreamer

10 Years Ago

doubt it..
Quiet Child

10 Years Ago

you will, don't worry.
⊰ℛℛ⊱
I know I've mentioned this before but perhaps it bears repeating. Dreamer, suicide is a long-term solution for a short-term problem.

Think of depression as a rainstorm. It doesn't rain every day does it ? Sure it can rain off and on, that's our mood going up and down, bipolar, many times you can't control it.

But you can recognize when it does change and take the proper measures. If you know you are going to have a down day, just take it easy. Don't lay out a whole assignment you feel you have to complete, no - just do what you are comfortable with.

And if you are feeling suicidal, and we have all been there. Hold off on it for TOMORROW. See if you feel the same way TOMORROW. Because like a rainstorm, the more it rains, the less water there is in the sky (tears from your eyes), and the more stable you will be then.

If it's especially bad and you know you don't need to do anything important today, take a Melatonin. It's an over-the-counter tranquilizer that is quite strong. Lie down for several hours. You'll always feel better when you wake up later.

And take care of yourself. As Dr. McCoy once told Kirk,

"In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that and perhaps more, only one of each of us."

"Don't destroy the one named Kirk."

And Kirk in this case being you, gentle Dreamer ... If you want to talk in PM about anything, you know where to find me. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your comments/suggestions, David. However, I feel this way just about every day...s.. read more
Wow. I hope things will look better...A very good poem...:)............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thanks...I doubt they will though.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

OK. You are welcome...:).......................
A very unhappy poem. When we seek our final breathe. Not a good place to be. I hope all is well with you. Always a pleasure to read your poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

I know it's an unhappy poem but it expresses how I feel. Sadly, nothing is well with me.
than.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

737 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013

Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e