Chapter 3- November

Chapter 3- November

A Chapter by Dreamer

November, the month in which usually most people think of Autumn weather and Thanksgiving. However, not me... November last year and every year for the rest of my life will be nothing but a reminder that Tristian is gone.

Instead of thinking about all the things I'm grateful for, I'll be thinking of what I'm furious and constantly depressed about; the fact that my best friend is dead,never coming back, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

 

The days of November seem to creep on by, times passes slowly and days drag on. I attempt to keep busy with school, chores, work, and various other pointless pastimes. The 17th shall be the day I don't want to face, I wish I could stay in my bed all day & just cry. I don't wish to be bothered, however, it being on a Sunday I'll have to attend church, my friends from Huntington will be coming to visit and join us for lunch, and then I'm either off to work or off to a church skating party... I haven't decided which would be a better distraction, I don't skate so I'd probably just sit on the sidelines watching which would give me to much time to think. On the other hand, if I go to work, my friend Aaron will also be working and will keep me distracted, on the account that I have a crush on him; if work is slow though I will have time to think..so it seems either way I choose to spend my day, I'll be stuck. I just pray...that I can keep it together and not cry in front of anyone, I hate looking weak in front of others.

 

November 15th:

It's a typical Friday and I'm at school.. depressed as always but doing an excellent job hiding it. nobody suspects a thing, they all think I'm fine... I wish it was true though. For every smile I manage to force onto my face... I'm hiding back a thousand tears. Sunday, it won't be good.. I hope it goes by fast. Even if it does though, it won't make a difference... I miss him everyday and I fight back tears all day long.

 

November 17th:

Today was the day I had been dreading. exactly a year ago today I lost my best friend, at only 16 years old he died of cardiac arrest, leaving me alone heartbroken and shattered.  The whole day was a blur really, I had to work 11-6, but since it was slow... my mind often drifted, I didn't cry though...I was just numb. No, I actually kept myself together until I got home that night. I cried myself to sleep and dreamt about my best friend.



© 2013 Dreamer


Author's Note

Dreamer
not finished, I'd appreciate thoughts on it so far

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think your story is genuine and very sad .I am sorry about your friend but sometimes people come into our lives and makes such an impact on us and then they are gone,leaving us to pick up the pieces of ourselves.I also had a friend that I loved beyond words and she died.Be strong

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think your story is genuine and very sad .I am sorry about your friend but sometimes people come into our lives and makes such an impact on us and then they are gone,leaving us to pick up the pieces of ourselves.I also had a friend that I loved beyond words and she died.Be strong

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing