Blades & Blood

Blades & Blood

A Poem by Dreamer

The tears are streaming down my face,

I pull out my pocket knife and examine it's blade.

I slit my wrists...blood trickles to the floor.

the pain doesn't bother me... it fact in a way it seems to comfort me.

One of these days, however, the sharpness of the blade just won't suffice

I'll pull out a pistol and end it for good, blood splattered everywhere and my body lying there on the floor.

© 2013 Dreamer


Author's Note

Dreamer
it's a work in progress... open to suggestions & comments though

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It IS hard dealing with life... hard dealing with - just dealing. But the alternatives are anger and pain for the ones that gave a damn and for the ones that didn't - they still won't.

Control is pretty elusive for most people sometime or another and often getting just enough space to catch a breath seems so unreal. Life ain't fair and nothings free but ...there ARE people willing to listen, willing to reach out - if you give them the chance. And sometimes life isn't all that bad... one step, one day at a time - pause and breathe...then another.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

9 Years Ago

I appreciate your thoughts!



Reviews

I hope that is just a nightmare...A scary write on suicide...:).........

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

sadly, it's not just a nightmare.
thanks for your comment!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. You are welcome...:)......................
This is a very raw and emotional piece. I feel your pain.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thank you very much!
It is a harsh write that speaks of the immaturity of suicidal thoughts in some. Those who are truly suicidal do not paint pictures of it. Those who cannot deal a with life and responsibility for self, do because they are keen to tell the world they are troubled and unable to a swim. They even go so far as self harm. Interesting piece and I hope simply poetic in nature?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thank you very much for your thoughts and comments.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

808 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e