Contentment

Contentment

A Poem by Sharon Kim
"

more of a thought, a picture, a moment of peace

"

Contentment

She sat on the porch step, staring into the darkness. Solitude surrounded her in its silken embrace.  She pulled her knees to her chin and watched as the moon’s gentle light played upon the mirror-like surface of the lake.  She drew in a deep breath of crisp night air and released it, slowly.  A cloud of white mist filled the space before her face.  In that moment, she made peace with the world and herself.

 

 

 

© 2013 Sharon Kim


Author's Note

Sharon Kim
really more of an image than a poem-as always any feedback is greatly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a great and a deep write you made that;s real one indeed. Whatever you saw in life's realness, you just captured the moments in your own words indeed. Very beautiful Imaginary you've i must say. Keep it up, you got this 100/100 :) Your writes're very well and real indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon Kim

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rahul!
The ones has that count to ten mood... relax... inhale... exhale.... the world is still spinning and you're still here to enjoy the comforts of life... those times when time alone does wonders for the soul... and keep things at a balance...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon Kim

10 Years Ago

Glen, thank you for reading and commenting! It is important to take that alone time and regroup!
This is a gorgeous image! With a little rearrangement, this would make a lovely prose poem. As is, it is still a beautiful picture to put in my head tonight... :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sharon Kim

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Rita! I may tinker with it... :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: contentment, peace, tranquility

Author

Sharon Kim
Sharon Kim

Methuen, MA



Writing
Shy Shy

A Poem by Sharon Kim


Bang! Bang!

A Story by Sharon Kim