Nature's half acre

Nature's half acre

A Poem by SkinlessFrank

a silverfish once

crawled

into the side

of my mouth

when I was asleep

 

the eggs she laid there

glistening

and plentiful

 

her children filled

my body cavities

invaded organs

turned them

to black tar

and hot maroon

liquid

 

and still I

move forward

zombie-like


not caring

© 2014 SkinlessFrank


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We carry our burdens and move forward despite internal turmoil.


Posted 1 Month Ago


SkinlessFrank

1 Month Ago

I have come to realize that those burdens melt into us until we no longer see them. Thanks for readi.. read more
Hello again,
I read one or two of your poems in the past month and although I have never heard back from you I decided to read another.
I find this quite humorous but also see all sorts of hidden meaning behind your words..
Interesting thoughts are exploding from you..
What fun..
Lisa, now in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
I like the playfulness of your poetry. I was reading Bukowski earlier and he does his poetry standing naked at the street window scratching his a*s. He tells us exactly what is on his mind and what it means. Which can be great sometimes. But then there is humor or sarcasm or allegory or what have you—coming at a thing sideways. I like how you do that here. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I think of all we’ve done and continue to do (foolishly or mindlessly) to degrade our life source. What can be done in penance at this point. The eggs are laid and the offspring are off-springing further. The horrible cycle has already begun. I feel a hint of resilience at the end. The earth does keep walking in spite of our invading the organs—but regrettably the continuance in the poem is zombie like, so the damage is done in many ways. I plant a giant garden in spite of the unsettling spiral and hope for something miraculous like an 80’s movie. The most miraculous thing I’ve seen is that when wild things eat my plants, they come back stronger. Your poems are fun to read.

Posted 2 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Nature will have her way eventually; meantime I expect our species will continue to till its own little half acre in the manner it has done since it first stood upright.

Beccy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


You sir, are one of the best poets around. Just hands down.

Posted 7 Years Ago


SkinlessFrank

7 Years Ago

Ken, you are too kind.
-- an incredibly powerful and vivid piece... -- this is happening to my country these days... -- the ruling dispensation is infecting people with silver-fish-like ideas to turn them into brainzombs (my word for brainwashed zombies)... -- so this piece reminds me of how a toxic idea can lead to more toxic ideas, ultimately leading to a kind of thought-paralysis... but hopefully... the momentum of evolution will ensure that at least some people wake up from their stupor...

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I read this 3 times and then sat here and pondered it for like 10 minutes or so. Suddenly, I realized, you sucked me in! Laughing...I'm part of your invasion lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


yea, they did that to me in grammar school...i hope you're not responsible for starting a trend

Posted 9 Years Ago


'.. .. and still I .. move forward .. zombie-like .. not caring '

Oh grief, this reminds me of the headiest of surreal paintings, is so graphic that it plays with the mind, with the imagination. Strangely had to read it again, feel like a rabbit caught in headlights. Not sure how your mind was working with this, whether using a film of something over a thought, almost perverting or altering it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a revolting development ...I am on my way to the pharmacy for some of those snore strips!

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 6, 2014

Author

SkinlessFrank
SkinlessFrank

Glen Sutton, Quebec, Canada



Writing
roots roots

A Poem by SkinlessFrank



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..