Drip

Drip

A Poem by SkaiWeeks
"

Read it and find out your own interpretation.

"
Drip. Drip. Drip.
Smeared black over the skin as I bled.
Drip. Drip. Drip. Drop.
Silent as a suicide I dropped dead.

© 2013 SkaiWeeks


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You aren't exactly the black smeared atop your skin, nor the skin bleeding, nor the body dropping. I like to think that you are what is dripping, and the body a trait of your existence. You're being overwhelmed, and the emotions drip onto parts of your traits and eliminating them.
I like this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SkaiWeeks

10 Years Ago

Thank you :) I really like how you interpreted this.
I like the spareness of the words contrasting with the heavy content. For me this has much meaning, having lost a promising young member of my extended family to suicide and pulled a closer member back from the brink of the abyss. But the poem doesn't really say the death WAS a suicide, does it? I like this because it can have a different meaning for each who reads it. And THAT, in my estimation, is a successful poem. It is evocative and mysterious.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SkaiWeeks

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the feedback! And my condolences for that young member, along with congratul.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013

Author

SkaiWeeks
SkaiWeeks

Ireland



About
Hi there, I'm Skai! I'm sixteen years old and I pretty much live on Cloud Nine. Up and to the right is where I live my days; not the left, thats where the bad crazies live! Don't mix them up. My favor.. more..

Writing
Headlights Headlights

A Poem by SkaiWeeks