Short story

Short story

A Story by Sunny Skye

Derek enjoyed playing practical jokes. But this time he got caught. He was sitting in the principal’s office while Mr. Winters chided. He relentlessly yelled at him and told him how he was tired of all the trouble he caused. He was a good student and life at home was good he was rich and had everything he ever wanted yet he brought trouble to those around him. He comported that he would be no more trouble but of course that was a lie.

On the way to his car he stumbled upon a girl named Alice Williams.  He noticed she was very demure and generous. She quavered as she apologized for bumping into him but he just smiled and said that it was okay. She walked away with a shy smile and Derek continued walking to his car. When he was by his door he noticed writing all over his car. He was surprised and as he looked back he saw Alice laughing with a couple boys by her side. He was mad he even laid eyes on her she was only there to forestall him from arriving to his car so, they could finish.

In less than a minute he had gotten to the boys side and he lunched at one of them. It was preposterous of him to go against his own word and Mr. Winter’s.  But he did not care he punched the boys face for vandalizing his million dollar car.

Alice cried out and divulged it was her brother he was hurting. He saw rivulets of tears roll down her face and he quickly let go of him.  In brevity he was inside his car driving away. This was a terrible day for him. He got kicked out of school; his best friend hated him and for the first time he had made a girl cry and almost killed another human being with his fist.  When he finally snapped out of it and finally paid attention to the road it was too late. His car had already launched over the railing and he was heading down hill. As he tried to not hit anything and stop the car he hit his head on the wheel and became unconscious.

A few hours later he woke up on a hospital he smiled and was graceful he was still alive. But then he noticed when he stood up he was staring at himself. He was dead and his mother, Jackie, cried. He became filled with regret and looked at his mother with pity.

© 2012 Sunny Skye


Author's Note

Sunny Skye
An English assignment. I had to use vocabulary words we have been working on and write a short story longer than 250 words. I came up with this and I wonder if you guys like it so please review.

P.S. the underlined words are the vocabulary words I had to use.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good attempt. Looked fun to write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Yes it was fun to write. Thank you for reading.
Persona

11 Years Ago

You're welcome
Sunny Skye, i must confess, this, real master piece of creativity, i can observed the incongruity of situational irony at the end; may he awoke in the spirit thinking that he was alive only to see his corpse and his mother crying, it was quite unfortunate of the character you just created. Good work, keep it up. Thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye, i must tell you, this real master piece of creativity, why, i can see bit of incongruity that make up a situational irony. may be he awoke in the spirit thinking that he was alive, only to discover his corpse and mother; then it was too late of him. Good work, keep if up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

I appreciate your review. Am really glad you like it. :D
A very good short story. Even taught some wisdom. Anger lead to no-where. I was surprise by the ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

thank you. Glad you enjoyed it :D
beautiful write, i really loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Glad you liked it
I really enjoyed this poem. I feel really sorry for the guy. He really had one bad day.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Glad you liked it
This is great. Truly heartbreaking but good all the same. Thank you for sharing:)


Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago


thank you for commenting. Glad you liked it :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2012
Last Updated on December 2, 2012

Author

Sunny Skye
Sunny Skye

FL



About
I want to read some stories please send me mail about your stories and I will check it out as soon as I receive your message. I have been writting since i was 10 and i really enjoy it. I love w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One Direction One Direction

A Story by AK


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sophie