Queen's daughter

Queen's daughter

A Story by Sunny Skye

The truth was she had no idea why she was sitting on a sepulcher and she had no idea why she was holding a vial of poison. But reality set in when she heard heavy footsteps approaching her in the dark. She looked up and saw the light of a torch getting closer. The reason she had a vial of poison was because she had been exiled from her town and even do she was the long lost daughter of the Queen there was nothing she could do. She quickly spun around and hid in a dark corner.

“I’ve already seen your shadow, Sage” said Raymundo.

“What do you want Raymundo?”  She said as she stepped out of the dark corner.

“You’re supposed to be gone”

“But I can’t leave”

“Why not?” asked Raymundo with wonder.

Sage sat down on a tomb. She seemed pensive as she stared at the remnants of whoever was buried next to where she was sitting.

“When I was little I broke the sacred pearls every queen wore to their coronation. I was small and haughty I didn’t know any better yet my mother decided to send me away. Now am back and I tried to tell her but the only reward I got was getting exiled from my beloved town”

“Such eloquence yet I don’t believe you”

“You’re so arrogant. Can’t you see I have features of the queen?”

“If you were her daughter she would’ve known. When she sent the child away, it was dismal for her. She would’ve have stopped the king from exiling you”

She had always abhorred him. She stood up and walked away. It seemed like days until she reached her mother’s bed room door. She stood in silence debating whether she should open it or not.

 

 

© 2013 Sunny Skye


Author's Note

Sunny Skye
This was an English assignment using some vocabulary words, let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A interesting story. You left a lot of unanswered questions. I like the storyline and the mystery you open up. Will there more story? A good ending. Left the reader with question and wonder. A very good opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

Yeah, i was going for that you know leaving the reader in wonder. Thank you for the review
Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

You did.
Well, for what it's worth, your writing is technically correct, and you seem to have used all the words correctly. As literature, there's not really much merit here, but it's a good effort.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013

Author

Sunny Skye
Sunny Skye

FL



About
I want to read some stories please send me mail about your stories and I will check it out as soon as I receive your message. I have been writting since i was 10 and i really enjoy it. I love w.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sunny Skye