Chapter 1~

Chapter 1~

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 1 of "Silent"

"

           What is life? I mean, what is the real purpose? We live, we die. But what’s all the events in between? Do we do things by a predetermined destiny? Or does our fate rest in our hands, are we free to make our own foolish mistakes as so many of us do on a daily basis? Life is probably the most fascinating thing to man, or at least the people with enough brains to consider these things. But let’s face it, there’s only a handful that do. Like me, these are things I think about when I’m alone. And I’m always alone.

“Paige, lights out honey.” My mom. One of the sweetest women on the face of the planet, but I don’t deserve her kindness, her compassion, because all she gets in return from me is rejection, silence. Just like everyone else. But she still tries, just like everyone else. I can hear it in her voice, the desperation. Another attempt to try and get me to say something, anything. But I just stare ahead at the deep purple painted wall, my back to her and my hair working as a shield for my face. I don’t even acknowledge her existence. I hear her sigh in defeat and a few seconds later I hear my door softly shut. And then, nothing. Just pure quiet. My only friend.

I’m sorry. I’m immediately filled with grief and remorse, two emotions embedded into me ever since that night. I feel my arms burn where my art knife slashed and cut into my skin numerous times. I feel something warm roll down my cheeks and drip off my chin, and then I realize I’m crying, I feel weak, too weak to even sit up right. I slide off my bed and curl up on my carpeted floor, it smelled of lavender and other candle aromas my mom always used to make my room in her words my “sanctuary.” She said it was to keep me calm. It worked, but only sometimes. My tears seeped into my matching purple carpet, and then I heard a voice.

Please don’t cry baby.

I shot up like a rocket and looked around, frantic to find a logical explanation to where the voice came from. NO! This couldn’t be happening I knew for a fact she was gone. And yet I could still hear her voice cooing in my head. The tears came faster and I felt scared. My walls were closing in, my heart begin to hammer away at my chest. I had to get away! I grabbed my pillow off the bed and threw it in the corner under my window. I curled up on my side under with my head on the pillow. The moonlight poured brightly in through my window and shone down on my face, peering deep into my soul, but I quickly turned away because it reminded me too much of her. I felt my tears roll down my cheeks and find its way through the crease between my lips. The taste of tears was salty and wet. I closed my eyes and let the moon’s lullaby soothe me to sleep, drowning out the screams in my head.

I shine down on my children,
lighting the way to happiness and the path to their dreams.
Protecting them from the evil that hides in the darkness. I am the light
that breaks through the nightmares, that slays the daemons with a radiant glow
I will always show my children the way to fulfill their hopes and make them shine!

 



© 2012 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Please enjoy and leave any errors you see down below
_FreeSpirit

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautifully written chapter. I did see one mistake that's just punctuation. "I feel something warm roll down my cheeks and drip off my chin, and then I realize I’m crying, I feel weak, too weak to even sit up right." After the phrase "I realize I'm crying" should be a period, not a comma. That's all I found. I love the direction this is going. She seems "weak" but I know she'll be a strong character later in the story. Keep sending my requests! ^_^

Posted 11 Years Ago


wonderfully written... now u have to continue it! ~KuroNeko

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is fine...very good. I liked some of the description. Very natural. Let's see what you make of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"One of the sweetest woman on the face of the planet" should read "One of the sweetest women..."

"because all she gets in return from me. Is rejection, silence." should read "because all she gets in return from is rejection, silence."

I love the voice of this character, the mystery surrounding the voice she hears and the description of how she treats her mother. All very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS



i love you.




i love you lots.





i love you so much that- ASDFGHJKL; MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GODDAMNIT!!!! THIS SEXY B***H WHO IS ALSO YOUR BESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTEST FRIEND WANTS MORE RIGHT F*****G NOW!!!!!!!!



love you :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


"I feel my arms burn where my art knife slashed and cut into my skin numerous times before" I don't think the before is needed in the sentence. It does sound fine but I don't think you need it there.

That^^^ is the only thing that I found that is really unneeded or wrong. I like where you are going with this. We can see that she has some issues from her past that she still needs to sort out and thats causing her to block out everyone whose trying to reach out a helping hand. However from what I saw from the summary it made me think she's be a little more afraid of the dark. I mean if you had everything ripped from you in the dark it wouldn't be easy to get over the feeling that it could happen again. I personally might be a bit afraid of what the dark might hold.

I really did enough the character though. You have a pretty solid interest and intrige level going for her. At first I thought this book sounded alot like SPeak but it sounds like she has her own set of issues going. I want to know what could happen next!^_^ I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this.
~Dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Impressive, its perfectly written and it made me jolt to read more :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful first chapter and I saw no mistakes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A mature write delivered in a great style. Enjoyed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

704 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Silent

A Book by Dr.Who.LOVER