The pain that we hide

The pain that we hide

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

This is a poem that came to be while I was doing homework.

"

No one can ever see the pain that we hide inside. They do not see the pain that we are forced to swallow every day. Our fear is our own; they don't want to know about us. Why should they be involved? Why should we show them what we must deal with each day of our lives?

We live our whole lives in confusion and fear. And yet they still don't care. Inside we are being torn apart each and every day. And yet they still don't bother with us. Half of us is alive but another half is dead. We all must live with the feeling of disgust to ourselves. And they don't shed a single tear...

The thing that can help, the thing that can heal. Are the flames or a blade and the sting of the steel. The destruction of skin, the shed of blood symbolizes the death of a part of your soul. With each slash, with each burn you lose a part of your soul.

And yet....the pain is still there ......the feeling of being Alone......

© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Enjoy please rate and comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful words indeed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


For me this is a fascinating piece. The first paragraph asks alot of questions, some of those statments seem to more like statements in the form of questions. That leads me into the second paragraph... There is contrasting element between the two. In the first, you ask, why should we involve them, why should we show them. Yet in the second paragraph you scold them for not caring. That's a conundrum.

I makes me wonder if the others that are aluded to have ever been made aware of the pain and frustration, have they ever been told, so that they may understand the issues involved and assist in any possible betterment.

The last paragraph and the following ending line bring across the idea that one has given up trying to climb out of the negativity they feel. They would rather use self inflicted pain to supress the emotions, rather than reach out and find a workable solution to end the causes of the fear and confusion.

The last line by itself says alot. It tells me that the pain is a mixture of many smaller things, all of which lead to a person feeling isolated. It might be rejection, feeling like noone understands the individual and many more. Being alone is usually a situation that is a result of other things.

Overall you paint a picture that seems to be consistent in many these days, it makes me ask... What can be done, do you thing, so people don't reach the point of suffering?

Nicely written! =)
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emotional, true, sad and dark. It's well written and I loved it. Relating was easy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So powerful. Wonderful write

Posted 12 Years Ago


The last line really hit me hard. This is a very interesting piece of writing and I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting. I can relate to it. I love the last line.
It's a bit depressing but i love the emotions tied in this piece. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very provocative and a true testament to cutting. I can definitely relate to it . . . I especially liked the end: the feeling of being Alone, with a capital A. Very, very true . . . but knowing there are lots of lonely hurting people out there never makes it feel better, either; it's almost like an insult to injury.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very interesting write it is very sad. its very easy to relate too by many and has a great flow to it and such integument in it! wonderful job keep it up

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2206 Views
64 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 19, 2011
Tags: Life, Sad

Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy


Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥