The pain that we hide

The pain that we hide

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

This is a poem that came to be while I was doing homework.

"

No one can ever see the pain that we hide inside. They do not see the pain that we are forced to swallow every day. Our fear is our own; they don't want to know about us. Why should they be involved? Why should we show them what we must deal with each day of our lives?

We live our whole lives in confusion and fear. And yet they still don't care. Inside we are being torn apart each and every day. And yet they still don't bother with us. Half of us is alive but another half is dead. We all must live with the feeling of disgust to ourselves. And they don't shed a single tear...

The thing that can help, the thing that can heal. Are the flames or a blade and the sting of the steel. The destruction of skin, the shed of blood symbolizes the death of a part of your soul. With each slash, with each burn you lose a part of your soul.

And yet....the pain is still there ......the feeling of being Alone......

© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Enjoy please rate and comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i feel this piece in its entirety.. great job speaking about that perpetual pain that haunts our souls..

Posted 12 Years Ago


very well written

Posted 12 Years Ago


A sad, yet beautiful poem. Well written, I liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought it was pretty sweet. It captures the spirit of disconnect and solace very well...almost creating a character out of the melancholic mood itself...cool beans..

Check me out and tell me what u think
http://www.amazon.com/Dick-NcUms-Takes-Demon-ebook/dp/B0058JKV0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this! I put in my favorites, hehe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so true, which is sad. I love this - it's really good and it speaks the truth. I enjoyed reading it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Have a feeling this is about something I don't understand ' cutting ' not because I am judgemental because in fact I am certified mental and even in my darkest nights have never choosen pain over pain. The poem itself though is beautifully done and some great dark images, and the sense of lonliness is evident and is a thing that damns us to the inner self the need to be hidden forming a vicious cycle one from which many find it hard to break free. Keep em' coming ( still wanna be friends ? )

Posted 12 Years Ago


We hide our pain whether to protect ourselfs or others. It's a shame we have to...when other people around us are doing the same. But it's human. Sometimes, we want to deal with things on our own. I can relate to this very well. You did a great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really great piece. It's an unfortunate thing that we must hide our true feelings but it's what we have to do. Our pain is our own and we hide it to protect ourselves.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is exactly how i eel! It hurts, this was an amazing piece and very relatable.



100,000,000,000,000,000/100

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2206 Views
64 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 19, 2011
Tags: Life, Sad

Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy


Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥