Chapter 2~Arrival

Chapter 2~Arrival

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 2 in Break the Broken

"

Day 1

    When I woke up my head hurt and I felt woozy. I was lying on my side with my cheek pressed against something soft, yet rough. A carpet. I assumed I was inside or something but when I felt the floor vibrate and then bump I knew I was in a car. Maybe a van. My legs and arms were free but my body was too sluggish to move so it didn’t make a difference. I tried to lift my head to look around but it must’ve weighed 100 lbs because I couldn’t lift it an inch.

    Suddenly the car jerked to a stop and the ground stopped vibrating. I heard two car doors slam shut up front and then I heard footsteps coming towards me. I was scared and desperately wanted to cry for help, but my tongue felt like sandpaper.

    I heard keys jingling from behind me. When the doors opened light poured in from the outside world and I could feel it against my back. I heard voices but they were too muffled to hear anything or even to tell if they were male or female.

    I felt two arms grab my waist and start to pull me out. My first instinct was to fight, by any means necessary. But my body wouldn’t move. The arms scooped me up and carried me to wherever I was going. My head bobbed with each step and I felt like I was gonna puke. I couldn’t see anything because my eyes were still blinded by the sunlight, but I could hear everything. I could hear the crunching of gravel changing into a clanking noise against metal. I also could feel the temperature inside wherever I was actually drop! It was definitely warmer outside than in. I heard a few doors open until I was dropped onto something soft. A bed. The softness of the mattress brought back the sheer exhaustion I was feeling. Thinking this was all just a bad dream I let myself fall asleep, knowing I’d wake up safe and sound in my bed. Well, that’s what I was hoping for.   

Destroy what Destroys You.

I woke up and realized, this wasn’t a bad dream. This was actually happening and that was the scariest realization I had ever faced.

Now with my head cleared of whatever drugs they had put into me I looked around to see where the hell I was. I saw at least 30 beds on the opposite side of the room. And then I saw I was in another line of metal beds with one thin white bed sheet and a nasty stained pillow. The floor was a very blain mint color made of laminate tile. To be quite honest the room was completely lifeless. There weren’t any windows and only one ceiling dome light.

I swung my feet over the side of the bed and stood up. My shoes were gone but I was still in the clothes I had been wearing to school. School, my home. My clothes were the last things connecting me to my life. To my friends.

I bolted to the door in the corner of the room and pounded on it.

LET.ME.OUT!!” I screamed. But I was only answered by my own echo of the blank white walls. After maybe 10 minutes my throat was on fire and my hands were raw from pounding on the wood. I kept screaming but it was no use. I pressed my back against the door and slid down to the ground hugging my knees to my chest. I felt tears roll down my face remembering Aria, John and my family and how I’ll never see them again. I’d seen cop shows, CSI, Criminal Minds, and they all end up with the psycho killer murdering the children.

Suddenly the door flies open sending me forward. I put my hands down and stop myself from smashing my face on the floor.

“UP!” bellowed a voice.

I stood up and quickly wiped my tears away. A man, probably in his late twenties was glaring down at me. He had longish hair and cold blue eyes that could make hell freeze over.

“Come.” he ordered turning around and marching down the hall. The guy looked like he should be a detective by the way he looked. He was all business.

We walked down a long corridor with the same blank walls. The place reminded me of a hospital, a morbid one for sure. He stopped at another wooden door and pulled out a set of keys.

“Welcome to your new home,” the guy said opening the door. I stood in the doorway and what I saw made hell look like a 5 star resort. Inside that room looked like some sort of a shipping factory. All of the machinery looked old but it still worked. But the horrific part was the workers. Each and every one of them was girls. Some looked my age or a few years older, but others couldn’t be older than 7. They all looked ailing, their hair was tangled messes and they wore tattered clothing, no shoes. Their eyes, were glassy and lifeless…they all looked on the brig of death.

I felt something push my back shoving me into the room on the floor. I looked back just in time to see Mr. CIA slam the door shut and lock it.

“Are you okay?” asked a soft voice. I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me to my feet. When I got back up I came face to face with a girl probably my age. Her black hair was unkempt and it looked like it had been dyed before. She wore an overgrown sweatshirt and filthy jeans. She was just as bad as the rest and even her blue eyes-which I’m sure, were once full of life-looked drained. She was a Goth but she didn’t seem it.

“Yeah I think so.” I said rubbing my knees where I had fallen. I expected a bruise to be there by morning.

“Don’t take it personal, Donte is mean to all the freshies.” said the Goth girl. I must’ve had confusion written all over my face cause she said,

“Freshie is just another word for newbie.” By her tone it seemed like she was talking about a new kid than a captive for a slave mill!

“Oh…” I said.

“Yeah,” awkward moment, “I’m Veda by the way.” she said holding her hand out to me.

“I’m…” I pondered whether if I should tell her my name, but I decided NOT telling her wouldn’t change anything, “I’m Bethany, but you can call me Beth.”

“Nice to-” next thing I knew Veda was on the floor, whimpering.

“GET TO WORK!!!” bellowed a familiar voice. Donte. I looked down and saw a rock covered in blood by my feet. The rock he threw at her. I knelt beside Veda and helped her to her feet. Blood from her head wound mixed with her tears as they slid down her cheeks.

“C-c-c’mon I’ll s-s-show you what to d-d-do.” she said between sobs. She grabbed my arm and pulled me in the other direction.

“He can’t do that to you!” I hissed at Veda as she dug through a pile of dirty blue aprons.

“Course he can, who’s gonna stop him?” she said sniffling back her tears. Veda threw an apron over my head, “oh good that fits. Since you’re a freshie you’ll be doing the basics.”

“Like..?”

“Like packaging or mostly shipping. After every day we sign out of here and head to either eat or go to bed. We all work till 11:30 then wake up at 3am and start all over.”

I gawk at her as she talks about this place like it’s a normal job!

“Okay? But, what do we do here exactly?”

 “We make toys, and stuff them with drugs to go undetected.” she said slowly. So that’s it, this wasn’t about ransom, this was about free labor for illegal drug smuggling!

“But, where am I?”

“No one knows, but you were chosen to work here.”

Chosen?! I was jumped, drugged and forced here!” I said a little bit too loud, “I just want to go home!”

“We all do Beth!! I’ve been here for a year, counting each fucking day that goes by! You cannot imagine the pain I’m going through!!” she yelled already on the brink of tears. But she was right. I had only been there not even a whole day and I already missed my friends and family like crazy. But Veda hadn’t seen her family or friends for a whole year! I looked at Veda and can’t help but wonder,

 

Am I going to end up like her?


© 2012 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
enjoy!! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved it! Kinds a coincidence since we jkust started talking about the industrial revolutionm in Worls history, child labor laws and all that. Can't wait to see what gonna happem to her! ^^


Posted 12 Years Ago


STUPID THING WONT LET ME REVIEW AGAIN!!! i'll mail it to you

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2012
Last Updated on April 8, 2012


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER