Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Skyliten


A Life Wielding Magic

 

Prologue


As a child Quinn always knew he had a special gift. A gift no one else had. He possessed the power to control the elements, the ability to alter time itself, even cure the sick and heal the wounded. But until he left the academy he didn’t know how to use, or control these powers. Being a sorcerer in the land of Lo’rial is strictly forbidden without first going through the academy. Afterwards their life is spent serving in the war against the Dak’reth.

The Dak’reth is a gruesome foe said to have spawned from the pits of the Black Trenches. They fight with handmade blades, axes, and spears. They’re even said to use their teeth to tear apart their enemies. The Dak’reth will stop at nothing to destroy their enemy.

The kingdom of Artriel has been at war with the Dak’reth for over one hundred years. After battle after battle, both sides fight vigilantly. The Dak’reth are determined to kill King Marron, and destroy Artriel. King Marron has been ruling king for nearly thirty years. Even under the stress from the war he still made sure the kingdom was in order. After only seven years of acting king he was injured in the war and decided it was best for him, and the kingdom, to stay back and command.

This is the story of Quinn, a slave-born sorcerer. These are the events that took place during his time as a child, in the academy, and graduation. He will be faced with the loss of loved ones, war, betrayal, and lies.



© 2013 Skyliten


Author's Note

Skyliten
Look For Chapter 1!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on January 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013