Meeting Maria

Meeting Maria

A Poem by Skylar
"

My meeting with the Shepherdess Maria aka Salvia Divinorum.

"

I sat on my bed staring at my then blank white wall, nervous and excited about meeting the green eyed goddess I knew so little about. I tried to prepare myself but I knew nothing would ready my soul and body for where she would lead me.

She arrived and I breathed her in like a fragrance fit not for purer souls or even the deitys of the heavens. I then was immersed in startling nothingness as the existence I knew fell away like the shattered pieces of a broken mirror. I was, she was, we were. Then I began to not be. I was not I and everything was very much not everything. There was nothing. No me, no her, no anything. The world I once knew fell away and then I followed trend. The pure emptiness that simply was. An inconceivable amount of nothingness remained. A place where neither light nor dark nor even god exists. Something you cant comprehend unless you meet her. She became my shepherdess as we sat forever in this place of pure non-existence. But then after what felt like an eternity to my soul she left me.

I fell back from my perfect nonexistence to find the same bleak wall I left. I looked at my watch, 15 minutes, an eternity to the unbridled soul. I could still feel her intoxicating spirit upon me as I absorbed our all too brief encounter. That meeting still mystifies me to this day, how something so brief could be so divine.

© 2008 Skylar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the word choice and overall effect it brings.
Beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Short, sweet. I got you're meaning. I liked your use of words "She arrived and I breathed her in like a fragrance..."

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a great piece of creative writing. I love some of the concepts here like being able to quantify nothing. I love how you repeat negatives in a rhythmical, poetic way in the second paragraph. It almost reads like a children's story in places but the pulls you into a deeper place just as the poetic pace builds up enough speed.

Blue

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2008
Last Updated on August 18, 2008

Author

Skylar
Skylar

West Georgia, GA



About
I am Skylar. That is all. more..

Writing
En Limbo En Limbo

A Poem by Skylar