If I Were a Horse

If I Were a Horse

A Chapter by Sylvia E. Lioness
"

The title says it all.

"

I grazed among the grass in my pasture with Petra and Victoria. I flicked my black tail at the flies landing on my glistening black coat. The sweat from my earlier work out cooled my body down in the hot sun. Petra and Victoria frolicked around, running here and there around the pasture. I perked my ears up and stopped nibbling, just long enough to hear quiet, quick, lively footsteps approaching the pasture.  A teenage girl’s voice sang out, “Monte Carlos! Monte boy!” she clucked to me. I threw my head up at the familiar voice, and cantered over to where she was standing with a carrot and part of an apple, and Danny, the new grey pony. She was still dressed in her breeches, half-chaps, and boots. Danny was dripping wet from a bath in the wash rack. I nickered towards him as if to say “Hello! Are you joining us?” I backed up as the teenage girl opened the gate to the paddock, and let Danny loose. Danny raced out into the middle of the pasture and started pawing at he ground. I nickered at the girl saying, “Anymore treats for me?” the girl laughed softly and stroked my face and neck. Then, after kissing my nose she exited the pasture. She tied Danny’s black halter and lead rope on the fence, and then said her good-byes and walked away. I turned back to the group, and cantered with Petra and Victoria, before going back to grazing. Danny was just finishing his roll when I started grazing. His beautiful grey coat was plastered with mud on both sides, as if he was in a contest of who could be the dirtiest. Not to be out done, if this was a contest, I pawed at the ground, and rolled as well. I stood up and shook some of the excess, and showed Danny. He was still dirtier, but he had been wet when he rolled, so I did pretty good while being dry. Danny and I both went back to grazing, ripping the grass with out teeth and chewing the lush grass. It would be dried out soon, so we might as well enjoy it while it was here. I thought over my ordinary horse life: Wake up in the morning, eat a delicious grass breakfast, work out, jump a course with the teenage girl on me, and then be groomed, and finally, go back to eating delicious grass again. What a life!



© 2011 Sylvia E. Lioness


Author's Note

Sylvia E. Lioness
Sorry if it's a bit short. Was meant for a 7th grade prompt so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this. I would love to put it on web site with your permission. The address is
http://alexdeancook.wix.com/cooksworld-sci-fi#!introduction/mainPage
Please check it out and let me know. Alex

Posted 8 Years Ago


LOL, I did it last year...

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's a great start! I see one horse is named Victoria...
Since when did I become a horse!? As far as I know I'm still a person (I think...)
LOL
~Jasmine Thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011


Author

Sylvia E. Lioness
Sylvia E. Lioness

Writing...



About
Hello! Welcome to my profile! So... in short, I'm am a friendly, 15 yaer-old girl. I hope to become a doctor at the age of 22 and be a writer on the side. So far, my life it going as planned. :) Tha.. more..

Writing