AIR

AIR

A Poem by Sleeper Note
"

#Four of four of pieces that attempt to express elements as mindsets.

"

AIR

Night wind whispers the venial wisdom of glory in flight. Wings aflutter, beating hearts pump dreams into being; churn hyperbolic lies into modest gospel truths. A blue/green world sways in the breath of an endless song. A godly breath who majestically soars skyward, then dives into an open grave, and arises from the mouths of soul-stricken mortals with no less than life in its massive talons.

Lungs inflate, deflate and resonate though the pines in a bluesy sweet burst of pain and wonder. An eagle soars misty white caps of mountainous beauty. Eyelashes flutter from across a darkened chamber, and the gust nearly knocks my entire life into my nervous belly. Recharged cells wriggle and burn in their fleshy tomb. Beg to reach through the dank cell walls, and stroke the lightning charged gates of blessed Eternity.

Each time the body sucks in fuel, pathways to tomorrows open like the eyes of newborn children. Pale blue hope injected into stale brown stillness. Kings, paupers, beasts and plants drink the magic from one enormous trough, and ride its freedom to glory and gloom. Glue to hold together a cracked humanity.

All lives, all pieces of a shapeless puzzle. Bird songs whistling through the cacophonous confusion and into a multifaceted harmony of souls. Winged flames on sure breezes headed wherever the tempest takes us. 

Headed homeward until Home exists.

© 2015 Sleeper Note


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the continuation in this poem. It rarely pauses and it sends you on and adventure through the sky. You continue to fill your poems with bouts of raw passion and emotion. I feel as though your poems possess a certain quality that causes the reader to feel out of control that sucks you in and makes it really powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed how you used the description in the poem. Each set of lines took the reader to place and thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the continuation in this poem. It rarely pauses and it sends you on and adventure through the sky. You continue to fill your poems with bouts of raw passion and emotion. I feel as though your poems possess a certain quality that causes the reader to feel out of control that sucks you in and makes it really powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015

Author

Sleeper Note
Sleeper Note

TX



About
Truth be told: My writing ain't pretty. I ain't pretty. And, from my general point of view, life ain't too pretty. BUT, I do love life. I love writing. I love poetry. I get published a lot under sever.. more..

Writing
EARTH EARTH

A Poem by Sleeper Note


FIRE FIRE

A Poem by Sleeper Note