In the city

In the city

A Story by Jesse Pruett
"

The main character (Shakie) goes to the city with Ray and Jess to find his beloved Michelle.

"

As we are in the car driving down the road, we see the zombie, and swerve off of the road. We quickly get out of the car grabbing our bats to smash her head in. After we take the final swings caving this zombies head in, we look up towards the direction where travalling. "That's where we are going" says Ray. "Then let's go" responds Jess. So we hop back up into the car, get back on the road, and go.

It's been very devastating since the first bit, but losing Michelle was the worst thing that has happened to me. So, me, Ray, and Jess have decided to go and save her. She is trapped in the city by zombies. She is held captive by some old rebels turned know it all, thinking that they have the answer to salvation, and we are going to show them that there is no answer for this. It wont be long before we get there, and Ray is going way beyond that old speed limit sign civalation once put up, but Ray and Jess decided that I need to sleep, so I try to sleep.

I wake up with no one in the car, two missing bats, blood everywhere, and we are in the city. I get out with my bat in hand and look on to the new city with bloody eyes. I have no idea where they were hiding her, so I run to the first building I see. Open the front door and look in. No signs of people any where to be seen. So I decide to look elsewhere first, going to the next building, which was a supermarket, and there being food there. I decide to look around, as I look around, I see nothing, and feel only bladder. So I head to the bathroom, and what do I see? I see Michelle hanging by a light in zombie form, and I fall to my knees crying. "She's gone" says Ray coming out from no where. "We got to move on Shakie, they got Jess" says Ray, and I get up from my knees. Out of no where a zombie comes out of the bathroom and bites Ray. I quickly take that bat and smash it in the head up against the wall, and then it falls to the ground. "I'm bit! Kill me! Kill me!" yells Ray.

I decide I cant kill my long ago friend Ray, and I just run out of the building not even knowing where to go, and then I hear Ray yelling "The school! The school!". I don't know where the school is, so I pick one direction and start walking. Passing a park, a bank, and a old fashioned bar. Still not seeing the school, but now I do see a cop car. Cop cars always have nice guns in the trunk, if it wasn't used. So I go to the front door to see where the trunk button is. I open the door to find a zombie head rolling around on the floorboard trying to bite just anything. I don't even try to kill it, I find the button and open the trunk without even getting bit. I go towards the trunk and to my surprise, the gun was still in there.

So, now I got a bat, a new gun, and I'm still walking down that street looking for the school. A mile in, I start to see wreaked school busses, so I figure I'm getting close. A zombie comes out from behind me to eat me, I turn around and try to shoot, but that's when I noticed. I forgot the shells, so I just bump the zombie in the head with the butt of the gun and drop it to continue walking. As I follow the wreaked busses it ends up leading me to the school, I walk around to the back door, to avoid getting noticed. I rush into the building bat wielding, just to notice there was nothing but zombies in the hallway. I quickly turn around cause they begin to chase me, and they where some of the faster ones. I hop into a bus and shut the door, noticing a key in the ignition. The zombies start banging on the door, I'm going to die. So I think quick start the bus up and turn the radio on loudly. I sit in the seat and start driving the bus to the schools exit and turn around. "Here we go!" I screamed as I put my foot to that pedal, and crash into about the east wing of the school. There all in the room I crashed into, there's about 30 of those crazies, but I had fast zombies chasing my bus.

As those zombies come rushing in, biting one person after the next. I stay in the safety of the bus, looking around for Jess. I can barely think with all this screaming, but I see Jess. He's not far from the bus, tied up into the air almost like Michelle. He is just waiting for some of those zombies to fall, and trip, then another climb and bite him. I open the door, and quickly run out passing zombies as they try to bite me. Pushing them on the ground is what I'd do, but they just get back up and start chasing me, I get to Jess and he says "Oh my god, thank the lord.". He smiles as I cut the rope with my old trusty pocket knife. "To the bus!" I yell at him, and I run to the bus. This time smashing those zombie heads that's where following me, and others that strayed into our path. I run into the bus with Jess right behind me, we where both going to close the door, but I closed it. "Lets get out of here." states Jess, so we put it into reverse and get out of there. Back on the road with nothing but our next destination ahead of us, Jess asks "Where's Ray?" and before I can answer we are smashed in the side by another bus and flipped over.

I would go to kill who did it, but I am stuck, and it looks like Jess is dead. So I'm trying to flip back over and get on my feet, when all of the sudden a reanimated corpse of Jess coming running at me and bites me on my butt. I sit there in extremely painful pain, as Jess continues to naw at my butt fat. There's nothing I can do, then someone crawls into the bus and shoots Jess, they through me down on the ground. Hurting my butt, cause I have none. I cant move and I feel blood rushing everywhere, I cant even see my savior, he is blurry, but I can see a shiny gun. In fact, that gun was that last thing I have ever heard.

© 2015 Jesse Pruett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 31, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015
Tags: Zombie, Zombies, dead.

Author

Jesse Pruett
Jesse Pruett

In the cat, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I wanna tear up your insides, you know like when your in a dark tunnel and it starts squeezing you. more..

Writing
Tornado Tornado

A Poem by Jesse Pruett