Philosophy of life (part 2)

Philosophy of life (part 2)

A Story by Misty
"

Defining Life...

"
Classes resumed and eventually came to an end. Back on our way to bus, Jake and I were talking about how studies’ pressure has eaten up a child’s inner potential.
“Why don’t the home works let us have some free time for our passion and hobbies?” I asked in an irritating tone.
“I’m sure with time; education system will have a number of modifications for the betterment of children,” he replied in affirmative.
“That’s a different thing Jake. What about us then? Our hobbies and interests? As our studies grow, our hobbies and interests get no time at all.”
“You’re right. But that’s not our cup of tea. Our parents will never understand that. Most of the time, passion is more important than bookish knowledge. Take that little boy for instance. He spends whole day with his kite. Tomorrow, he may become the best kite runner. It all depends on him and his destiny.”
“How does it depend on him?”
“Yeah for sure, it depends on him if he sets a goal or dreams of doing something of that sort by identifying his passion. And if he is unable to identify his passion and capability, he’ll be just an old little guy fighting starvation and poverty.”
He again added, “Always remember Jas, one should never hide his/her passion behind books. Books make a comfortable life at the end and passion makes a happy one.”
We got into the bus. As usual, I took the window seat and Jake sat beside me. The bus got a start and I was staring through the window. Trees passing by, reminded me of the time. Time passes the same way.
“Jake, how many more days are we going to travel school and back home this way?”
“Meaning?”
“Meaning, the way we come and go, your philosophies, the assignments and home works, these bus travels… How many more days?”
“Jas, my life lessons are always with you. Whenever you feel low, read the blue diary. This is the last year of our schooling. Tomorrow we won’t be sitting together this way. But, remember my words, I’ll be always by your side as your best friend ever. And once we get mobile phones, I promise to talk to you every day.”
We both smiled. I squeezed his nose. It was the sixth time I did so that day. It has become a habit now. Cute habit, as per me.
“Jas, let’s have ice creams at the canteen tomorrow.”
“Yeah sure, 50 cents each.”
And suddenly the bus came to a halt. Everyone’s head got dashed on the front seats. I looked out of the window. There was some kind of checking process going on for all the buses. It would take 10-15 minutes as per our bus driver. It was almost 5:30 p.m. I had already reached to my stop. A walk of barely 20 minutes was left for me. Jake and I decided to get down and walk. He’d catch up the bus at my stop. We started walking. The sky was covered with clouds. It seemed like it’d rain in a while.
“Jas, what are you thinking?”
“I’m thinking about the strangeness in people’s mind.”
“Some people think wealth is everything and others think knowledge is everything. Does the world consist just these two things to be considered everything?” I further added.
“You’re so very right my dear. Jas, the world has many more things that are beyond our imaginations.”
“For example?”
“For example, success and kindness. What you are saying are keys for happiness. Most people rely on wealth and knowledge for happiness. But some people know the real sources of happiness like humanity, love, dignity, kindness, respect, gratitude and forgiveness. There are even a lot more.”
I smiled at his philosophy again when he said, “Jas, never forget that when you’re thinking of more valuable things than gold, the whole world is waiting for your success.”
I nodded looking into his eyes. His eyes shone like pearls. All of a sudden, it started to rain. I could feel my skin getting wet slowly. As I turned my face, I saw a cute little girl holding a pink umbrella. A strong wind snatched her umbrella. It fell in the middle of the road. She ran to get it back. I shouted after her “Hey girl! Be careful!” I ran after her. She was to pick up her umbrella but she wasn’t aware of the vehicles moving ferociously. I was halfway when I saw Jake running in front of me and shouted at me to stay back. I stopped there and went few steps back to the footpath with a relief that he’ll pull the girl away from any injury. Unanticipated, there was a big roar of thunder and it rained so heavily that I could barely keep my eyes open. Vehicles passed by, and I was waiting for the two of them. None could be seen. Within few minutes, people with umbrellas gathered over the road. Vehicles stopped at a short distance. My heartbeats increased their rate. I ran and entered into the crowd. As I stood over the main point, the little girl came and hugged me tight. She held her pink umbrella. She was crying hard. I stood there like a frozen ice placed over the ocean of blood, staring at the ground where my best friend ever lied with his shining beautiful eyes closed. Each drop of his blood, spoke me hundreds of philosophies about life and death. My vision got blurred. I was in tears. I couldn’t see anything more after my legs lost their stability and I dropped down on the road…

On spur of moment, the horns of my bus regained my senses. I realized that I was sitting at the bus stop and so deeply lost in my thoughts that I couldn’t even know when my bus arrived. I took long breaths, got into the bus. Today isn’t usual for me. I take my seat near the window but the two charming eyes are lost somewhere. The spellbound philosophies lost their origin though they’re still found in my diary. I take out my diary and turn pages for the latest poem. It read "


Darkness was my friend
Until I got his hand
An angel from above
With philosophies he drove
Bringing sunshine my way
Filled darkness on his last day
Many things left unsaid
Days without him, I’m afraid
Sharing ice creams for fifty cents each
How’s that possible when he’s out of reach
A soul filled with humanity and love
May get the happiness he does deserve…

© 2017 Misty


Author's Note

Misty
Please read with Patience... criticism is most welcome. And the suggestions from close readers tgat have been already mailed to me will be corrected soon...
Thank u all for ur time..
please tell me what you feel reading this one...
thanks a lot

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have read it with patience as prescribed in author's note I personally will send this story to my principal for betterment of homework and I hope he will work on it thanks for write

Posted 6 Years Ago


Misty

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your time. I request you to provide me with the ideas that your principal states yo.. read more
writ rajat

6 Years Ago

Your hope is right

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017

Author

Misty
Misty

France



About
Life is short... Enjoy the most..... more..

Writing
Tears Tears

A Poem by Misty