Antiheroes

Antiheroes

A Story by KuuJamzs

I could save us. I promise you I will get us through this. All of this jealously and this little nitpicky s**t that has compromised the every growing distance between us. The gap now will only serve as space that will make us legends as we sift though its sludge that only wants to make impure of anything it touches. Unfortunately for the slime it does not realize that without getting dirty we would never feel the need to be clean, to erase its filthy smell from my porcelain skin. The sludge is everywhere. It builds little by little but never enough to make me feel the need to expunge it. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. But dear sludge, you have thrown us into you. You have consumed us. You have consumed me. You have consumed someone I hold so dear, that I will be this someone’s raft facedown on the water. So try. Try and bathe us in your toxin, and see how weak I actually become. I will purify us again; rinse our bodies from what is dragging us down. Don’t worry. I’ll save us. I’ll get us through this.

Time is a funny thing. Don’t worry. I’ll save us. I’ll get us through this.

            I just want to feel again. It is selfish it is a crime. Lock me up in my own personal cell with a pen and see the ink bleed on the walls of that cage. For how dare I choose to put myself over you? We all have needs and all I want is to breathe in what this world has put at my broken feet. But I can’t breathe in the world while I am trapped in your cell, only leaving its walls when you open the door. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. This is just. This is moral. This is what you believe, so this is what I believe. At least that’s what is written on the walls around me. My safety net just so happens to be exactly what you want it to be. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. The gap between us widens. Am I in a cell or am I on Alcatraz, A floating object for everyone to see but never to touch. I am “The Starry Night”. Don’t worry. I’ll save us. I’ll get us through this.

            Off in the distance three men on a bridge arm themselves with ropes, lock picks and unbroken will. I’m sitting in a cell. It’s been days since I’ve spoken to you. Even longer since I’ve seen you. Even longer since I’ve spoken to you. The hinges on the door loosen. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. The door falls. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. I poke my head out and taste the hallway of vacant cells and collapsed doors. Looking to the right a door with a fragment of light shining through. The only thing in the way is you. The one I would have drown for. The one who is worlds away. The one I tried to purify. Failure isn’t flattering. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. Every step I take I feel a galaxy crush under my heels. Moons fall in the space between my toes. Planet after planet I flatten; at last our worlds are parallel. A black hole wraps us in, begging my life to be crushed into infinite nothingness. The pipes rip from the wall and graze your head as they are lost forever in that hole. Sadly, your black hole is not quite strong enough. I walk out the front door without you in my peripheral. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. Outside, the three men greet me. They drop their ropes and pick me up off of the ground. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. Don’t worry. I’ll save us. I’ll get us through this.

            It’s been two years. Seven hundred lifetimes for a housefly. A goldfish would kill to be alive this long. Its time to revisit the island you left me on without even a volleyball. I bring her along. Together her and I walk down the hall. All 291 cells are filled and locked to perfection. Her and I laugh trading jokes and memories of our past. Haha. The wet cement that makes the floors sags upon the touch covers the chunk of space that I destroyed years ago. Her and I walked down that hall hand in hand. Three antiheroes sit on a shelf. Stop. Her and I turn to the room that held me. Inside I am locked away writing “This is just. This is moral. This is what you believe so this is what I believe.” She turns to me and says, “Don’t worry. I’ll save you. I’ll get you through this.” Four antiheroes sit on a shelf.

© 2011 KuuJamzs


Author's Note

KuuJamzs
Is it too confusing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011
Tags: metaphor, antiheroes

Author

KuuJamzs
KuuJamzs

Ewing, NJ



About
20 and a college student at TCNJ. I write Free form poetry, I think. @KuuJamzs more..

Writing