A case study

A case study

A Poem by Sneh



In a race, to conquer
We often uncensor,
The color, the air
And lose the moisture .

Everything cant be anything
Fulfilment comes from green wing
The quotas are predetermined
Lessons are yet to open
Colors are yet to discover
Lets unfold it , again!

How remorseful,
His life has turned
Who once expected the large
Is suffering damn large!

The fear of dementia
The scarring thoughts of psychosis
Brain tumor, brain cancer
Are merely not rhymes .

The willpower says it all
Defines threat and conserve fall
What has gone
Is barren ground, else
Is yet to be grown and ripe!

Techs are introverts
Lets unleash them
To disturb this world ,not self !

God bless, take care!!

© 2019 Sneh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very unusual non-linear message & it infuses me with ideas that are different from the way I usually write (straightforward). I love when a writer examines the collection of weird traits that makes up a specific human. You've done this in an original way, describing a human unlike any I've known about or imagined. (Originality is KING in my book!) Many traits here that I can relate to, but some I can't (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Yes straightforward with crisp of foldness is the way i like to pursue ....thanks much for stopping .. read more



Reviews

Hello my dear friend.
"The fear of dementia
The scarring thoughts of psychosis
Brain tumor, brain cancer
Are merely not rhymes ."
I received 11 anthrax shots. My memory became less. Many things can take us. We need to eat well and keep the mind working. Thank you for sharing the amazing words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

3 Years Ago

thats very true! 'HEALTH IS WEALTH'. wish u happy and healthy life ahead dear! thanks:-) .. read more
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I agree my dear friend and you are welcome.
technology can accomplish so much...but for the old poets who start losing their minds...the words won't come no matter what machine tries to help them.
when the words get all jumbled..life becomes meaningless...and the poet's questions his or her own existence.
the more we expect to achieve, the worse it is if we don't get there...
better to do the best with what we have...release the expectations...and just write until we no longer can...there will be achievement in that...and once we lose it...we might rest on our laurels..at least a little bit.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Till that age, one gets to know all charisma's of life ......
Thanks much, good day !!💐read more
jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

you are an interesting poet Sneh....
kind of an offbeat style.
sometime if you have a .. read more
Sneh

5 Years Ago

Sure Jacob! would be my pleasure..😊
Nice one Sneh i like ending makes a nice quote hey about introverts

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Thanks a ton dear hennings! 😊
per your forte another write on life that makes you think

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Yes wordman, true!
Enough complexities, yet discovering... :)
Thank you ❤
 wordman

5 Years Ago

you`re welcome
okay this is fun... i'm gonna just go out on a limb here but is this about someone close to you that is in fact experiencing pre-dementia or some sort of neurological disorder? some of what you are eluding to is things i go thru... particularly your stanza about green wing I looked it up and found it to be a television show? This is something i joke about with my friends that if wait long enough i can re-watch just about anything because my recall is horrid. I also understand the un-censoring aspect in terms of the uninhibited responses and pure natural outflow of one of whom has frontal lobe damage this can be a mix of disconcerting to the untrained eye in terms being hurt when the part of the mind that tells you don't say that internal dialogue... is just a passing thought and not genuine somehow gets switched off.
like i said was going out on a limb here so if i'm dead wrong and stupid delete my review or call me an a*s or both but in any event this write made me think

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

"Green wing"...where you catch complete satisfaction and find all the needs and deeds of life !
read more
Robert Trakofler

5 Years Ago

oooooooooooooo.... me a dumb bunny
Sneh

5 Years Ago

I don't think so!
A couple of thoughts:

First: Never force the line to the needs of the rhyme. The rhyme isn't the purpose of the line, it's the tink of the symbol to act as a line delineation, and word must fit the thought so perfectly that trhe rhyme seems almost axccidental. But when you say, "Fulfilment comes from green wing" it's obviously there because you needed a rhyme for "everything." Truly, I have no idea of how fulfillment comes from a British Tv show that ended over fifteen years ago. But you needed a rhyme, so...

Next: A great deal of the story remains in your head and never made it to the page. As a result, things that are clear to you are opaque to the reader. For example, when you say, "How remorseful, His life has turned," what can it mean to a reader? In S1 you talk about "we" but here you're talking about a "he" who has never been introduced, who's remorseful for things not mentioned. Clear to you, perhaps. But to the reader? How can "willpower say it all," when the reader has no idea of even the subject you're talking about. We don't know who we are, where we are, or what's going on.

My point? Write from your chair, of course. But edit from that of the reader who knows only what the words suggest to them, based on THEIR background, not your intent.

And finally. If you're going to rhyme you need everything that goes with structured poetry, There's consistency. If you establish that the first stanza has four lines, with the first two rhyming, the reader expects that to continue, as verses of a song do.

If the first line has four lines, the reader expects that of the others. It helps them become part of the performance you envision, the way punctuation helps the reader speak the line as the writer intends.

And finally, is prosody. It's best to make use of it all all kinds of writing, but especially in poetry. Look at the first stanza in terms of the rhythm of stressed/unstressed syllable pairs, or feet, as they're called in poetry.

IN a RACE, to CONquer Three feet, with a feminine ending (un-stressed syllable)
We OFten unCENsor, Two feet, with a feminine ending
The COLor, the AIR Two feet, with a male ending
And LOSE the MOISTure . Two feet, with a feminine ending

Seems a bit off, And notice that L1 begins with a stressed syllable (trochiac), while L2, 3, & 4 begin unstressed (iambic). That's another thing the reader expects continued. But neither is.

Take a look, on Amazon, at the excerpt to Stephen Fry's, The Ode Less Traveled. It's a really good introduction to the structure of poetry in English.

Sorry my news isn't better. You did ask. 🙄 Keep in mind, though, that what I've been saying isn't related to talent or potential, only issues of craft, things that you can fix with a few of the tricks of the trade.

Hang in there, and don't let it throw you.

Jay Greenstein
https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Sneh

5 Years Ago

Thank you for coming up with good suggestions.... I have already given the description of poem in fi.. read more
This is a very unusual non-linear message & it infuses me with ideas that are different from the way I usually write (straightforward). I love when a writer examines the collection of weird traits that makes up a specific human. You've done this in an original way, describing a human unlike any I've known about or imagined. (Originality is KING in my book!) Many traits here that I can relate to, but some I can't (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Yes straightforward with crisp of foldness is the way i like to pursue ....thanks much for stopping .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2019
Last Updated on March 21, 2019

Author

Sneh
Sneh

India



About
Hey, I am Sneha. Fonder of imaginations and poetries. Often times I fail to convey my actual feelings ,so I preferred this. Thanks for the visit!! 🌹 more..

Writing
ART, THAT NIGHT ART, THAT NIGHT

A Poem by Sneh



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


First love. First love.

A Poem by Beccy


The wild never The wild never

A Poem by Eilis


Cheeks Cheeks

A Poem by h d e rushin


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic