Her Beautiful Flaws

Her Beautiful Flaws

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

Upon her reflection, I see her stare at an image looking there. An image she saw, she saw defected - a beauty not sought, but rejected.

"


Her Beautiful Flaws
Written by Adam M. Snow

Upon her reflection, I see her stare
at an image looking there.
An image she saw, she saw defected
- a beauty not sought, but rejected.
In her ears, many names so crude
like w***e, ugly and all that is rude.
She believes the voices and what the voices said;
the torment that filled this dame with dread.
She ponders and wonder all her flaws,
all her pores and her odd shaped jaw.
The beauty she lusts she did not see,
she envies the beauty that man decree.
With scars upon scars, her face she re-sculpted,
her desired beauty she had exalted.
An angel, she dreamt herself to be;
but merely a monster the world now sees.
Upon her reflection, I see her stare
at an image looking there.
An image she saw, she saw defected
- a beauty no longer, but a soul rejected.


© 2016 Adam M. Snow


Author's Note

Adam M. Snow
Ladies, you're beautiful just the way you are.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great piece, enjoyed the flow and inspirations - ode to the mystique of the eyes beholden--woman. Beauty is certainly more than what is without.

The rhyme and pentameter of this write could definitely find itself in a song, but you probably already knew that. Again, great write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The true beauty of a person lies inside their soul. It is a terrible truth that so many miss this truth, regardless of their situation. You captured, in a rather intense and moving description, what so many have dealt with in the past, what so many deal with in the present, and what so many will deal with in the future. Yet I find that the truest tragedy of this work of art, lies not in the deep meaning and sorrow it depicts; but in the fact that now that I have read it, it is over.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well said Adam. Our inner strengths give us a natural beauty that attracts others. Time and maturity teaches us to be confident in ourselves. When we interfere with God's physical Blessings we always lose. You touched the emotions that put us on a roller coaster when we doubt the Creator. Many times we can see Jesus in others eyes, we need to find Him in our own.
Richie b.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautifully depicted, the imagery spot on. A well written piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was lovely! I was intrigued by how after plastic surgery, she was seen as a monster.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Adam M. Snow

7 Years Ago

Someone who regects real beauty for what the world sees, is by far metaphorically speaking, "a monst.. read more
Wonderful! Beauty is diverse.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Best i have read so far and i have been reading a few. This is an excellent and true "reflection" of how most of us females feel when we look in the mirror. In a few words you have caotured that and made the silliness of it so apparent. Top mark!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Those voices and mental tattoos do bring the ladies down.
Nicely done Snow, the need more worship.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sigh, your poetry always impresses me and this one is no exception. You seem to reach deep within and flow with ease, just beautiful...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know her well... some days I see what God sees me for. Some days I see it in my eyes, some not. Great poem. Thanks.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree...beauty comes from within ...nice writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1234 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 2, 2016
Last Updated on August 2, 2016
Tags: night, death, nature, family, friend, love, romance, world, earth, beauty, blind, dark, poetry, prose, short, dream, fantasy, snow, stars, broken, time, haiku, lyrics, woman, twilight, ghost, pain, new, epic, fanfict, sonnet

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Preacher Man The Preacher Man

A Poem by Gee