Imaginary -Prologue-

Imaginary -Prologue-

A Chapter by Adam M. Snow
"

Imagine you’re this woman who was living an ordinary life. Always caring, never hurt anyone in your lifetime. One day while you lie asleep in your bed, you heard a noise coming from within your house.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Imaginary -Prologue-.



-Prologue-


It was the start of spring. Rose buds have started to bloom in my garden and the smell of fresh flowers filled the morning air. I've loved this garden for as long as I have been alive. I remember my mother planting the roses. I was barely five; however, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Like many children of that age, I had an imaginary friend. Her name was Emma. And although she was imaginary, she was my only real friend. My opportunities to meet new people were scarce as I was home-schooled. Therefore, I did everything with Emma: from acting out tea parties to playing at being princesses. It was the most fun that I had as a child. The garden was my playground, my castle, and anything I wanted it to be. It was my sanctuary from a lonely childhood.

In the center of the garden is a statue of an angel that was sculpted in my likeness as a little girl. My mother told me that it was my guardian angel and that if I was ever lost it would guide me back to the safety of the garden. Every morning, I sit down on the bench by the angel statue and read some poems by Eliot and Frost.

I was just nine when I lost my parents due to a drunk driver. It was a miracle that I survived. It was on a cold winter's night, there was fresh snow on the pavement. I was with my parents as we were just taking a stroll around town, checking out some Christmas lights. When a driver, speeding by lost control on the icy road. We tried to jump out of the way but it was too late. The driver had struck the three of us. If it wasn't for my parents throwing themselves on me, I would've died with them. From that night on, my aunt was the one who raised me. On the night of my seventeenth birthday, my aunt Marie went to join my parents. She had suffered with leukemia for the last two years. I've been on my own ever since, surviving on the fortunes that my father and my aunt had left me.

Just like the garden, my name is Serenity Rose. I am twenty seven years old. This is the day that I die.


© 2011 Adam M. Snow


Author's Note

Adam M. Snow
***Imagine you’re this woman who was living an ordinary life. Always caring, never hurt anyone in your lifetime. One day while you lie asleep in your bed, you heard a noise coming from within your house. Could it be your dog knocking stuff over again? That’s when you get out of bed and take a look and see. But what you saw would be the very last thing you’d ever see, will alive anyways. You were just living your own life when your life was stolen from you, for what? What else money. Now you’re dead yet you cannot rest until your killers are found but the thing is, the only one who could see you now is a little girl not an age past five. This is what happened to Serenity, a woman who lost her life over money. Now this little girl is Serenity’s last hope but the thing is, her single father thinks that Serenity is her imaginary friend. What would you do if the only person you must rely on is but a kid, and the only way for your spirit to be at peace is through her?***



This is actually a book that I'm working on but the thing is, I've never written a book before. So I decided to upload what all I have so far and get some help and advice from you guys on trying to make it better.... So that's why I ask, "Is this a good start for a book and is there anything that I should fix or correct with this?



Featured Review

I CANNOT wait to read the rest, which is a good sign. Your beginning hooked me immediately, and then I read the author's note and I was like: OMG! I need to read more!!!

Already, I'm wondering. Is anyone going to believe the little girl? I like your idea and can already imagine it as a movie (I can basically do that for every story I read....it's scary....)

KEEP GOING!!!!! :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

love the way you are setting this up here i go to read more:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. Just reading this prologue for the book really gets me excited to read more, I sure hope that you will get this published. I'll buy it for sure. Great job! ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


I usually read for content - to see if I am interested - this piece definitely had a hook to it. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's soo sad. I loved how her parents protected her...love it, it's just so sad and I wanna stay in a good mood now, i'll read the other chapters later. I promise :)
Anyways this is such a beautiful start, very exciting !!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes it is a very good start for your book and I seriously cannot wait to see how it ends. Good luck bro. I wish you all the best . :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you
This is so well done! I am hooked already and eager to go one. The way you developed the character and her background has already made me want to know more about her. Looks as if you are off to a great start!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I LOVED IT SO MUCH, i was on the verge of tears during the last paragraph because it was so powerful, I love the way that you incorperated the Gaurden angel. I am hooked!

Posted 11 Years Ago


On to the next chapter...liking it ( :

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. Got me hooked into this one... "my sanctuary from a lonely childhood" ... A wonderful story and after reading the author's note I am like "Egad!" I really do want to know what happens next!!! Great write :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oooooh. I love it! The end is really great. It's such a hook!! And I adore the vivid imagery.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011
Tags: book, chapter, poetry, sonnet, ode, haiku, dark, death, gothic, emotional, emo, rose, imaginary, fiction, fantasy, nature, teen, youth, child, children, family, friend, betrayal, snow, fanfict, twilight, christmas, tragedy, art


Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Promise The Last Promise

A Story by TJ