By All Means

By All Means

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

By all means, I need to ponder, of my life going yonder. But though I still long for truth, I long for those who's not uncouth. By all means, I carried out to wonder, when flesh and spirit sunder.

"
By All Means
By: Adam M. Snow

By all means, I need to ponder,
of my life going yonder.
But though I still long for truth,
I long for those who's not uncouth.
By all means, I carried out to wonder,
when flesh and spirit sunder.

But in a world such as this,
dost Thou be amiss?
But I seek what Thou has in stored;
that statement of the Lord.
By all means, I wonder to ponder,
of my life going yonder.

Misery held me 'gainst my woes,
as if my life cease to flow.
But if it be the answer of my eternal quest,
nor any Death-but lest;
I accept the truth from Thee,
to where the Strong assure me.

I wage my life upon thy altar,
ponder here a time of falter;
I live to serve only Thee.
We think that we must be-
gods upon this earth.

© 2011 Adam M. Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe we learn common sense. When we learn we are just a part of life. Need to be kind and help the next generation. Great wealth and power don't mean much when you are dead and gone. I like this poem. A lot of questions were open up by strong statements.
"Misery held me 'gainst my woes,
as if my life cease to flow.
But if it be the answer of my eternal quest,
nor any Death-but lest;"
Thank you for the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed the pacing and the use of old english, it lends itself very well to the theme of the piece. Might I say very refreshing my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago



a true metaphyical piece, rare these days, you have an original poetic voice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this, it seems to flow so effortlessly, and a bit of rhyming words throughout. Really nice, i enjoyed this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good rhyme and flow. Keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree a lot with what the other reviewers are saying. A lot of good truthed meaning in each line. Favoriting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wonder a bit if, when you say assure, you mean usher? Or change where to what in it; right now, it's unclear.

I love the language. I think that you could rough it up a bit more into the old English terms even!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmmm, simple within its meaning, yet complex in its language.

As I was reading, I liked this line, "But I still long for truth,/ I long for those who's not uncouth" because it makes me relate a bit like we all search for that balance of truth, do we not?

This line makes me think, "By all means, I carried out to wonder,/when flesh and spirit sunder" Flesh and spirit don't sunder until after death, or at least that's what I believe. Flesh and spirit are one until the flesh is stripped away and left to light for all the spirit truly is.

In the second stanza, I liked at the beginning how there is doubt, "But in a world such as this,/ dost thou be amiss?" and then it turns to trust of the Lord. I think we all have this question.

And the lines, "Misery held me 'gainst my woes,/as if my cease to flow" I think relates to the reader a lot because it is in our miseries or our misfortunes do we turn away.

In the final stanza I especially like the expands emphasis of this idea, "I wage my life upon thy altar" meaning that you chose to believe in the end or whatnot.

Interesting write.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God bless


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very interesting and original. enjoyed the creativity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really interesting, I very much enjoyed reading it. "I wage my life upon thy altar, ponder here a time of falter, I live to serve only Thee." Very well written, loved it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the main point of this. A pondering message that questions your very existence. It's a deep thing to think about.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

820 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 28, 2011
Last Updated on September 28, 2011

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Promise The Last Promise

A Story by TJ